Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any issues with 265's and being declined warranty work?

I have 285's and I'm thinking about going down to 265's thinking that GM would not have a problem with only 265's. I could be wrong. Friends tell me that they wouldn't worry about GM voiding my warranty with the 285's, but not sure I want to take that chance. I think that there are too many warranty issues with these diesel trucks (especially the LLY) to give them a reason to turn you down.

I have had a bad experience with an aftermarket warranty company over investment back on that warranty, which is probably why they started searching for any reason to turn me down. one size larger tire on a Suburban not long ago. I did get double my
Do they not sell new 2500HD trucks with oversized tires? If so, what tires are they putting on them. I just want to have a valid argument if I ever have issues. I could always put the stock wheels and tires back on, but don't really want to do that. My plan is to keep the 285's as I could add a 4" lift someday and will have the 285's on 17"

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
i dont think you will have a problem with the warranty because my cousins truck fried an ECM and he has 285 and other mods so you should be fine

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
All depends on the dealer...I can take my truck to the dealer as is and no problems. If there were ever anything big that a GM rep might come, the diesel mechanic would let me know and I would strip it down.

·
Registered
394 Posts
My dealer installed the 285 BFG's and tweaked the torsion bars the day I bought it.They even threw the new 245's in the bed.My dealer is pretty cool most of his truck have tire and wheel packages on them and most come with back up cameras and all kinds of cool stuff.He will install the edge programmer if you buy it from him also....:cool2: But you are right most of them are looking for a reason not to warranty the truck.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Best replacement tires?

I want to replace the original tires on my '04 2500HD 4X4. I rarely go offroad and frequently haul a 3 horse trailer w/living quarters. I am also adding a tuner (Edge or Bullpup). Any suggestions as to size &/or brand? I am new to diesels and would appreciate any input.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think with upgraded tires you'll be ok. Anyway they would have to prove the tires were the problem on any warranty work. Good luck.

·
Registered
299 Posts
They cannot void your warranty, but if your having tranny shifting problems they may not listen till you go back to 245s.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
dealer I bought my 01 at would not look at my truck because of the 265's, so when I got the 03 I changed dealers and they put the 265's on for me. so it's all about the dealer

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Why do some dealers have to be so anal? They're 3/4 ton pickups, we should be able to add a little tire mass without causing any problems.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
NEVER had a problem, been running 285's since a week after I brought the truck home.

Dealer never has even mentioned them.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
How can GM void your warranty when the hummer has the same tranny and 37" tires? Yes the dealer may make you put 245s back on, but that doesn't make any sense now either.

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Go with 265s and put 3500 trim pieces on they and maybe they won't realize.

·
Registered
366 Posts
If you have a problem with your radio or wiper during your warranty time they wont say anything about your big tires... But if its with your motor tranny suspension or diff WATCH OUT even if you just have switch 245 for 265... They will try to void your warranty with that. I alredy experience it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was at my dealer 2/28 and he offered to sell me 265's or 285's and stated that either size would not affect my warranty. This dealership is selling new 2500 HD's w/305R20 mudders with full factory warranty on the Duromax & Allison. Go figure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts