Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the difference other than rear springs and swap bar? Same frame? or is it different?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Maybe a couple extra leaf's on the springs that all I think, same frame,rearend,...2 extra tires, Little more on the price tag..:)

·
Registered
225 Posts
SRW or doolie 3500?

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
As far as I know,the only difference is the rear leafs.

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Either SRW or Dually. Just needing to know if I can buy a 2500HD and put 3500 springs on it and have basically the same setup. Maybe swap the axle and add dual wheels too.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
i know the rear frame is not the same (try buying a b&w gooseneck)...but i think the main thing is just the springs

·
Registered
189 Posts
If you want a 3500 then why would you want to buy a 2500 and convert it? Sounds like a big hassel to me. For a couple hundred bucks more you get the dually.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you want a 3500 then why would you want to buy a 2500 and convert it? Sounds like a big hassel to me. For a couple hundred bucks more you get the dually.
I can't find a 3500 dually ZF6 like I want. Seems to be a few more 2500HD ZF6's around that have the options I want.

·
Registered
57 Posts
on my 3500 dw the cv axle's are larger than a 2500

·
Registered
549 Posts
In CANADA if you buy a 2500 you pay a luxury tax. 3500 you dont I got the 3500.

·
Registered
279 Posts
ive have done waaaaaay to much research to let this one go unanswered. if your talking about srw3500 to a 2500hd the only difference is the bed has an extra rib across it and one extra leaf in it beacuse there is a slight cargo limit difference. i belive it is 500lbs more for a 3500. Thats it. same everything else. a 3500 also only comes in long box configuration. front torsion bars can also be the same depending on the other options that were ordered with the build. when you get into the dually 3500 i belive its 3 more leafs and then the helper springs. same bed though. also as some other members have found out is that near the end of the production run for the 07's some 2500 long beds gota 3500 long bed. hope this helps

·
Premium Member
9,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ive have done waaaaaay to much research to let this one go unanswered. if your talking about srw3500 to a 2500hd the only difference is the bed has an extra rib across it and one extra leaf in it beacuse there is a slight cargo limit difference. i belive it is 500lbs more for a 3500. Thats it. same everything else. a 3500 also only comes in long box configuration. front torsion bars can also be the same depending on the other options that were ordered with the build. when you get into the dually 3500 i belive its 3 more leafs and then the helper springs. same bed though. also as some other members have found out is that near the end of the production run for the 07's some 2500 long beds gota 3500 long bed. hope this helps
OK thanks a lot.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I know rotors on the rear of a 3500srw are different cause they want almost $300 each for them!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Also, depending on model year some 3500srw came with 7 springs and some came with 6. Not sure why but I'm glad mine has all 7 :D. I was unaware of the extra bed rib or difference in torsion bars.

The 9,900 rating vs 9200 rating difference mainly comes from the 265/75 tires mounted on 16x7 rims and the extra springs.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have a 3500 srw-- springs ,axles and tires are different---2500 gas usually has a 10.5 axle that has a stepped down tube near the diff center-- the lube fill is located on the forward side of the axle --- the diesel 2500 and all 3500 gas and diesel have a 11.5 axle with a rear facing lube fill -- 3500 springs are heavier than the 2500 no differance dually or srw. I traded a 06 dually for the 07 srw, spring pac and axle were the same truck to truck my unit is a 6.0 gas

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Rear frame is totally different. Not the same holes or hardware mountings.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
My question is on the brakes... Dont the 3500s have bigger brakes??? I need better brakes on my 2500, is there any options ?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts