Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="on">
<T>
<TR height="100%" width="100%" UNABLE="on">
<TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

i have a 2001 2500HD 4x4...the label on the door states that the front tire pressure shud be 55psi and the rear psi shud be 80...tires are the same on all 4 wheels...i have trbl believing a 25psi difference would be ok in same tires...also, is it recommeded to rotate my tires every 5k?

advice would be greatly appciated...</TD></TR>
<TR hb_tag="1" UNABLE="on">
<TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="on">
<DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Hey Pony Driver,

The pressures on the door are correct, but only if your running the truck loaded! You can probably run the rears down somewhere between 45-55psi. I wouldn't drop the front's to less than 50psi though, as the load doesn't change much. The sticker on my '03 CC/LB 4X4 is 60psi in the front and 80psi in the rear. I leave the front's alone but drop the rears to 60psi when not pulling the 5th. Don't forget to check the spare and keep it max'd incase you need it while you have a load in the back!
As far as rotating, I do mine every 10K and it seams to work out OK.

ChuckEdited by: Terrain Twister

·
Registered
162 Posts
I agree..

I run 55lbs in all four tires when I am not carrying or pulling anything with my 2500HD. Anything less than that in the front I think is just to low for the weight of these trucks. In the rear you could go less unloaded, but you don't want to go to low as you fuel mileage may suffer, but more so the handling!

·
Banned
394 Posts
45 all the way around...if not the truck rides like a steel wheel buggy

·
Registered
326 Posts
When I had the factory donuts on I was running 50 in all four, but when I was towing or hauling I'd up the rears to 70 or so.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Forget the pressure on the door -- go with what is printed on the tire itself. I've got all 4 of mine at 65 lbs. running empty (except for the fiberglass cap).

·
Registered
410 Posts
my service tech put 60 all around after adjusting the toe in..i will run it this way til i pull this summer then i'll jack up the rears to 75

·
Registered
444 Posts
After reading many posts here and some experimenting on my own. I am running 55 in the front, 50 rear when empty

I had 50 in the front for a while but it looked like the tire edges were wearing faster so I raised it back to 55#

The truck originally came with 80# in the rear. After 5000 miles I can see that the rear tires were wearing at a fast rate. So I lowered to 55#

BTW. With the 80#'s in the rear, the truck handled terribly empty. It was bouncing all over.

·
Registered
19 Posts
55# all the way around unless loaded and run 70# in rear. Running 285's Mich. Rides and handles great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts