Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know if anyone else has this or can tell me what this is but...

I hear what sounds like the plastic wheel caps on the rear end bouncing around or the leaf springs slapping each other when I go over even the smallest bumps in a turn, like the gutter dips at the ends of any street. The wheel caps are tight though. When I first picked up the rig, it didn't make this sound, however after about 10k miles it started. Funny thing is that on the '94 GMC Sierra I traded in on my 2003 made teh same noise, so I'm figuring that it's normal, just don't know what it is.

thanks!

donEdited by: donmiller714

·
Registered
326 Posts
If it's the leaves slapping together -- like was the case on my truck -- this is what I installed to shut them up

·
Registered
120 Posts
Mine does that some also. I think my noise is the black lug nuts on the caps. They have gotten a little stripped when I get impatient and use an air gun on them.

·
Registered
410 Posts
mine does the same thing,,body groans and rumbles when turning on small bumps..maybe i wil get out the oil can..bc

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
bob camire said:
mine does the same thing,,body groans and rumbles when turning on small bumps..maybe i wil get out the oil can..bc

Never oil the leaves they will sag they need friction to work properly.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Turfmower said:
bob camire said:

Never oil the leaves they will sag they need friction to work properly.

DON'T oil them. This made mine worse and when the dealer pulled them apart to clean them he said DON'T do it again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts