Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm searching for a used 2002-2005 250 or 2500 (ford, chevy, dodge, GMC). I'm looking for any GOOD advice on what to look for in a 3/4 ton diesel truck. I need something to pull a 3 horse trailer. I've decided on a diesel for the power and durability but I haven't decided on what brand. I'm looking for answers for what years of different brands are generally more reliable, and what to avoid. Thanks -GSB

·
Registered
861 Posts
If i could do it over again i would get a 03+ dodge with the cummins and a 6 speed but thats just me.

·
Registered
91 Posts
They all make good and bad ones. But it usually comes down to personal preference and/or price. For what it is worth I've had both Ford and Chevy diesel powered trucks. The last one ,a Ford was a lemon from the word go. There are things about both brands that I like and dislike. Most people that I talk with who "work" their trucks stick with GM or Ford and get rid of their Dodge. Just my 2bits. David

·
Registered
5 Posts
I agree, all three are great trucks. Unless you get one of the bad 6.0`s. As for getting rid of the Dodge, I went the other way & bought one. So far so good.

·
Registered
737 Posts
GSB;1608817; said:
Any advice on what the "bad 6.0's" are?
2003-2004.5 fords although some will say all 6.0 fords are bad the earlier ones had far more problems than the later models

1 - 6 of 6 Posts