Diesel Place banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
355 Posts
New to this also and this post information is very helpful. Thanks Gang :ro)

Thinking the same when mine 245's wear out. Like the stock rims but wish they were wider.

· Registered
355 Posts
msheriff, I have to ask. Your sig says your truck has 145 million miles, is that true or a typo. If so, that's awesome. Also do you think 265s are pushing it on stock 6.5 rims. See lots of people running that size and bigger on stock rims. What kind of MPG loss is expected from 245s to 265s and also is tread difference (stock vs all terrian tread) effect MPG. :confuzeld Oh so many questions.

· Registered
355 Posts
145,000, my bad,,,, thanks for pointing that out. From my experience, 265s on stock rims have been fine. I have towed very heavy and no problem. The 265s are rated for more weight then the 245s. MPG loss I believe was 1-2 mpg. I keep my winter tires in the basement mounted on rims ready to go. I switch them myself about Dec. Just more aggressive tread. The winter tires are 245s but once they are worn I will replace with 265s.

I won't run any larger due to what seems like excessive wear on front bearings once you go larger... just my .02cents worth.
Thank you for the advice. I owe you 2¢

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.