Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of putting 19.5 wheels on my truck i have found a245-70 tire that i really like but it only comes in a 16 ply rating i am afraid that is going to be to stiff of a tire i was wondering if anybody else is running 16 ply tires and what kind of a ride you get with them any information or suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I Have About 5k Miles On My 245/70r19.5 Load Range G. The Sidewall Issue Is Not A Problem. Mine Have Pretty Aggressive Tread And At First They Seemed To Find Every Little Groove In The Road And When You Changed Lanes They Were A Little Squirmish. The More Miles I Put On It, The Better It Gets. You Can Get The 225-70's In A Lower Load Range But They Are Only 31" Tall. Hope This Helps!

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have 225/70 on mine and they are little stiff but not to bad it has a lot to due with what air pressure you run.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I Agree, They Had 110 Psi In Mine And It Was Squirly, I Lowered Them To 70 Psi And It Was A Major Improvement.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I run 65 psi and it's much better , Mich. says thats the lowest I can go , no sign of strange wear in 70K miles still look pretty new. 225/70/19.5 XZE

·
Registered
41 Posts
Did any of you guys running the 245's on the nbs have any clearance problems at stock height or did you have to crank the torsion bars up?

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have 245-70-19.5's on mine, I put a cognito leveling kit, it raised the front about 2", I would think it would be tough to clear these without some more room up front. Mine are load range G, they definetely made the ride a little stiffer, they are toyo's with a decent traction on them. All in all I really like the look and the added load capacity for the camper.

·
Registered
82 Posts
There Is No Way These Would Clear On Mine With Out A 2" Level. Mabey With Some Serios Trimming?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I run 65 psi and it's much better , Mich. says thats the lowest I can go , no sign of strange wear in 70K miles still look pretty new. 225/70/19.5 XZE
Did you have to lift the front of your truck with the 225s, I just got an 08 NBS and was interested in 19.5s w/ 225s wanted to leave the front suspension stock

1 - 9 of 9 Posts