Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you've put 235/85s on your Dooley, how did they fit? I know different brands are wider/narrower in the same size and I'm trying to find a way to upgrade to the 235 without messing anything up or going to spacers. TIA.

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
jbh2000,

I have read many posts about this very issue, and like you, I too want more tire under my '01 K3500. However, with the current offset in the wheels there aren't many options. Spacers are by far the best(read cheapest) answer. Having said that, You could invest in some alum. wheels...very pricey, or just simply run the new size on the stock wheels and keep them aired up. Apparently the rubbing issue only surfaces when towing or loaded. Once this decision is made then you will need to reflash your PCM to make sure all the goodies still work correctly, i.e. Speedo, ABS, and possibly shift points. Not to mention GM put out a letter to the dealerships, that any performance related issues would not be covered under warranty if the original size tires are not installed. Does that suck or what?

Anyway, that's what I have gathered from reading posts here and the other place. Good luck.

JP

1 - 2 of 2 Posts