Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone looked at the PPE Xcelerator for the 06 Duramax. They claim 225/390 on the highest setting. That is about like the Hot Xcelerator for the LLY's. Why? Is there more yet to come? Won't the middle setting of 160 limp a stock allison?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
PPe doesnt make a tuner for the light consumer. Their tuners are more for the real moding ppl who have a tranny and whatnot. Also they rate HP at the crank

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
Its hard to rate PPE against others becasue they rate thier tuners at the flywheel, most others rate gains at the rear wheels.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think so, I received mine tonight and ran the dog out of it for about an hour. I set in on the 160 HP setting, it sure didn't feel like a 50% increase in power. Maybe like a 15 or 20 percent increase. Even if PPE rates at the flywheel, aren't the engines rated at the flywheel from the factory so effectively it's supposed to be a 50+-% increase.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Your tranny is slipping the power away. My edge didnt feel like a 50 percent increase in power either.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
PPE is easy to compare to any other tuner...Put it in and drive it. LOL

Yes, your hurting your stock trans. Both Mike L and myself and torn down low mile ( less then 2000 ) 06 stock trannies and have found alot more wear then we would like to see/expect. The 06's are weak in some area's like it or not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts