Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy the standard ppe(225hp) for my truck what kind of number should it put down to the wheels? I searched but couldnt find what i was looking for. thanks Zak

·
Registered
517 Posts
Should put you in the 420-440whp range. Need to do egr block off and shim kit for added help. The PPE 225 is still dirty and has enough to toast your stock trans. Boost controller will give you bout 30whp extra and lift pump will help keep your CP3 from starvin too!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
with just the PPE you will probalily only see 400-420HP and a good lift pump and the PPE boost controller you can score 430-450HP

·
Registered
822 Posts
I ran 13.70 @5000'+ elevation on a 95+ deg day. DA was around 9000'!:eek: My truck is completly stock from the intake to exhaughst. No lift pump, or boost controller. I do have Superdiesel tirod sleeves, and BFG 265 M/T's. Truck was at full weight, should be low 13's @ near sea leavel, but would likley kill the trans.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much smoke am i goning to get from it on 225? I ordered it last night so before to long i will be hauling ass again.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Should put you in the 420-440whp range. Need to do egr block off and shim kit for added help. The PPE 225 is still dirty and has enough to toast your stock trans. Boost controller will give you bout 30whp extra and lift pump will help keep your CP3 from starvin too!!
No need to shim an LBZ but a blocker is needed to build boost over 25 psi.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Don't go above 160 on the stock tranny.
I agree. The 160 should get you into the mid 13's @ low elevation. I ran 14.06 in out in California with the 90Hp.

·
Registered
517 Posts
No need to shim an LBZ but a blocker is needed to build boost over 25 psi.
Shimming does help, if you go to NMTDR.com you will see a guy on ther puttin down 540whp with the mods we did on his 06 lbz. Shim kit helps keep the fuel rails full. If it didnt help PPE would sell it and my buddy wouldnt have picked up 2000 more psi rail pressure.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I was under the impression that you only needed a shim kit if you had fuel issues, I know it was a problem with the older D'maxes just have'nt heard of anyone having problems on a LBZ that a liftpump could'nt cure. I do have one in my glovebox I bought it in case I got codes after the liftpump. If It'll make my truck faster I'll put it in.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
i have stock egr and my truck hits 33psi like its nothing
What kind of guage do you have? The guages that get there reading from the computer are not very accurate. When I did'nt have a blocker I could force my boost up to 40 psi with a boost controller but it would only produce 25 psi without the controller, I installed the blocker plate and then it would go to 32 without the controller. Don't know much about Bully Dog but with a PPE programer you need a blocker plate to get over 25 psi

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
i have the 225 and what lift pump do you guys recommend? PPE?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
you get much smoke hondarider?

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
ya tons of smoke when i forget to turn down the tuner when i tow my toyhauler! not mainly no in till i get my LP. still debating

·
Registered
375 Posts
So just one or 2 passes on the 225 tune would fry the tranny or just dont run it all the time. I normally run around on the tow tune but was thinking about installing the 225 when I go to the track.

I am going to get Boost Guage and Pyro before I install it at all.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
So just one or 2 passes on the 225 tune would fry the tranny or just dont run it all the time. I normally run around on the tow tune but was thinking about installing the 225 when I go to the track.

I am going to get Boost Guage and Pyro before I install it at all.
id be careful at the track with the 225. its nasty on stock alli. but ive ran mine on 225 for 99% of the time and had no problems. ive tried and tired again to limp mine to see how far it can go but i cant as of now...

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
i have the 225 and what lift pump do you guys recommend? PPE?
I think PPE makes a good pump but if you want a complete setup already put together with a checkvalve boost switch and filter check out Super Diesel. Easy to install and the price is right.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts