Diesel Place banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Its been a while... getting back into a diesel truck. I landed a 2022 AT4 that just got a full VIN and is held up currently in Flint. It has a the snow plow prep package with the HD front springs. How bad does this affect ride quality? I am not super concerned as its a 2500 truck but I do not want any unneeded harshness in the front end.

Pickings are slim on trucks and this is the only option on there truck I did not want. What is the verdict?

What is involved with switching back to regular duty springs? Just replace the torsions? Suggestions?

Cheers,

· Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, truck showed up unexpectedly. I have it!

I need to know if anyone know the actual difference in the regular suspension and the plow prep package, Is the torsion Bar actually different? Or is it the keys/mounts at the cross member? I am thinking about trying the Congnito Bars.

Not looking for opinions other than I if you actually have the Cognito bars.

Thinking about just swapping the torsions to see what happens with the ride quality. I do not plow. I tow a smaller trailer. Just like the 2500 6.6. I have had 3 prior diesels, 2 were GMs. Creature of habit. Not looking for someone to tell me I should have bought a half. I am a enthusiast. I love these trucks.

TIA.

· Administrator
27,226 Posts
IMO, The way these new trucks are I don't think you'll notice much of a ride difference with the stock suspension

· Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a Silverado 3500 and the rear tail gate height with nothing on the truck is 59". I bought a used 5th wheel a week ago and waiting for a BW hitch for it. I don't know if this is going to work. Mine is 2" higher than a 2020 apparently.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.