Diesel Place banner

61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
It is tolerable looking in low top passenger form...almost Excusion-ish...but in hightop (which would be the only version I'd consider) it is straight hideous...that an the really awful mpgs of the 5.6 when loaded kills it for me..
Nissan had their Cummins V8 diesel in the Titan pickup truck from 2016-2019... I just checked and not only did they never drop it into their vans, they dropped the Titan completely in 2020.

·
Registered
1993 chevy silverado c3500 crew cab dually
1,173 Posts
The still have the titan. And titan XD. But no more cummims

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Titan just underwent the knife. New frame brakes interior. First major revamp sinse it came out. The xd especially did with a taller frame HD suspension better cooling.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
First quarter 2020 sales and the Chevy Express fell 23%. Ford Transit was the only van up in sales at 16%.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
How did both the ram and Nissan do?

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Ram was down 28% and the Nissan was down 17%.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Wow. Did it say how many millions of loss that represented

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #69 (Edited)
Nope and I would be very surprised if they were even making millions with as few units they sold

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
15,966 Posts
Nissan has been hammered since the Nissan CEO, now turned fugitive in another country, left them high and dry..
They have been dealing with production issues and more...

Reactions: ShopSpecialties

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Woah ok how did I miss that news between fake news, covid, murder hornets and.....

·
Administrator
15,966 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
First quarter 2020 sales and the Chevy Express fell 23%. Ford Transit was the only van up in sales at 16%.
that transit increase was almost all from the monster order that Amazon placed with them...it delayed all the AWD Transit deliveries many months..

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
According to this article dated March 31, 2020 GM sold out of Express/Savana vans. If you go to the Chevy website you can still build/price a 2020. If you go over to the GMC website you can build/price a 2020 and even a 2019. We are now in July and still no 2021 info. For the size of GM and the number employees they have apparently none of them pay any attention to the vans.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
GM needs to get a new van out soon, keeping the full frame. It needs a tall roof option, a better diesel option, and white paint that stays on.

·
Administrator
15,966 Posts
GM needs to get a new van out soon, keeping the full frame. It needs a tall roof option, a better diesel option, and white paint that stays on.
The best they would probably do is have the L5D as an option

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
I thought the white paint falling off was intentional to give you the custom look.

I doubt the L5P/D will fit under the doghouse without a major revision and it would be like a $10,000+ option which I think is to much for a stripped down cargo van. A new smaller diesel for $5,000 or less I think would be better.

Reactions: OkDually

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
I thought the white paint falling off was intentional to give you the custom look.

I doubt the L5P/D will fit under the doghouse without a major revision and it would be like a $10,000+ option which I think is to much for a stripped down cargo van. A new smaller diesel for $5,000 or less I think would be better.
The 3.0 would be better than the 2.8 but they have a nice 4.5 diesel they already designed they could use.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
That 4.5 and a factory high top could get me back into a Chevy. Even with that straight 6

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
I am almost 100% sure we will never see that wonderful 4.5 diesel. If we get a totally new van and diesel it will probably limited to I think is 3.0 liters so it can be used internationally to meet whatever guvment crap.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sparkys Tacoma
61 - 80 of 80 Posts