Diesel Place banner

201 - 220 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
What gear do the 6.6's come with normally? 3.42?

And yeah, a 180 hp diesel is going to be slower than a 401 hp gasser.
It’s not the the 6.6 is fast, it’s that the 2.8 is just that under powered for a big van

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #202 ·
Ressler got a 2021 6.6 Quigley in and they are asking $53k.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Ressler got a 2021 6.6 Quigley in and they are asking $53k.
21k more than I paid for my diesel new!
If I were to get 4wd, I'd get a Ford transit or sprinter that comes with factory 4wd, for a lot less.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 · (Edited)
21k more than I paid for my diesel new!
If I were to get 4wd, I'd get a Ford transit or sprinter that comes with factory 4wd, for a lot less.
Your van is not a Quigley so not the fairest comparison. I see some dealers selling 6.6 vans for around $35k and others doing $40ish. The Quigley base option is about $13k. If you like small screaming engines and only light towing than sure go with Transit/Sprinter. I do not see equivalent Transit for a lot less, they all look to be $50k on up. Then Sprinter 2wd 3500 start at like $50k.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Your van is not a Quigley so not the fairest comparison. I see some dealers selling 6.6 vans for around $35k and others doing $40ish. The Quigley base option is about $13k. If you like small screaming engines and only light towing than sure go with Transit/Sprinter. I do not see equivalent Transit for a lot less, they all look to be $50k on up. Then Sprinter 2wd 3500 start at like $50k.
You can make your van last a few more years! . Save that money. Hopefully gm comes out with something new to compete against the transit /sprinters.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I saw this on ebay. 40k for a diesel Quigley.

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·
I am not buying a Quigley, I was just sharing that they are now on the lots. The problem is GM will probably go unibody and small screaming engines also.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·

·
Registered
976 Posts

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #210 ·

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #211 ·
2021 Work Truck Show was last week and I have heard nothing about GM vans. The only info I have found from GM is talking about how they dropped the 4.3 V6 in the 1500 trucks.

·
Premium Member
18,070 Posts
Reactions: ShopSpecialties

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #215 ·
6.6 is done for the year. GM doesn't have the capacity to make enough for the vans and shifted them all to the trucks.
I have heard people talking about that for the past couple of weeks. I would not be surprised if they stop making any vans for a while like they did last year.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Any of you guys buying the new 6.6?

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #217 ·
Any of you guys buying the new 6.6?
I am thinking heavy about it and trying to plan a possible heater sale combo deal.

Reactions: LCAC_Man

·
Registered
976 Posts
I am thinking heavy about it and trying to plan a possible heater sale combo deal.

But you know, right after you buy it, gm will announce a new chevy express! Lol

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #219 ·
But you know, right after you buy it, gm will announce a new chevy express! Lol
[/QUOTE
It will probably be that electric one and that thing will not work for me anyways. I am thinking GM will stay with this van until the electric one is ready for production which could be in the next couple of years.

·
Registered
976 Posts
It will probably be that electric one and that thing will not work for me anyways. I am thinking GM will stay with this van until the electric one is ready for production which could be in the next couple of years.
I find it hard to believe gm will go strictly electric. That will eliminate a good portion of its customer base.

201 - 220 of 228 Posts