Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
I just put in my Gooseneck Hitch by Curt and am going to purchase the Anderson one for my new truck and soon to purchase 5th wheel

Reactions: RINGNEKS

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me know if you can on any clearance issues, I heard there might be with the 2020 trucks. Thank you. Congrats on your new purchases.

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
First tow out to Havasu, about a 4 hour drive one way for me and some decent grades to pull. With the Anderson ball set to the lowest level, I have 9" of clearance between the truck rails and the bottom of the 5th wheel. I'm towing a 38' 16K 5th wheel. These new trucks tow so nice, just set the cruise control, put on tow haul mode and the truck does the rest. The new 10 speed trans and also the motor run super cool. When pulling hills the max my trans temp got to was 171 with the normal range being 145-155, and this was during 95-104 temps outside. As for the Anderson hitch, I have more room for tight turns vs. a regular 5th wheel hitch I use to use.

Reactions: RINGNEKS

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to hear, I was worried because they moved the hitch position further back on the 2020 Trucks. Thanks for the update.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts