1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
looks like a little sneak peek of the new HD

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
GM still uses that junk IFS in their hd trucks.....Ford and Dodge are the real HD trucks

Reactions: Dmetcalf

·
Premium Member
17,930 Posts
GM still uses that junk IFS in their hd trucks.....Ford and Dodge are the real HD trucks
Bwahahaha...you take a fleet of 3/4-1 ton pickup trucks out to 300k miles +, with multiple drivers, in a construction fleet and then come back and tell me how bad IFS is.
Maintaining a whole construction company, I get to see it all, if not here, then with other subcontractors.
Every brand has its shortcomings, but, "real truck" is certainly not a name I'd use on any of them, but most certainly not on a Ford.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I think he is just trolling you McCall.

New truck looks interesting. Glad they kept the scoop even though it was met with mixed reviews. Also cab lights look interesting, not just a flat center light anymore, and the mirrors lose the dual/split arms and look like the mount lower on the door like the 2019 1500s. I like the grille too, and it is nice to see some further differentiation from the 1500s and the HDs. I think they are on the right track.

·
Premium Member
17,930 Posts

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Bwahahaha...you take a fleet of 3/4-1 ton pickup trucks out to 300k miles +, with multiple drivers, in a construction fleet and then come back and tell me how bad IFS is.

Maintaining a whole construction company, I get to see it all, if not here, then with other subcontractors.

Every brand has its shortcomings, but, "real truck" is certainly not a name I'd use on any of them, but most certainly not on a Ford.

Don’t mind the troll. If he really felt that way he wouldn’t be driving his POS GMC still.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,930 Posts
cool pic

now 500hp-1,000lbs of torque
My 26k# Pete does just fine with 325hp/750tq... Yunz don't need no more torque. If anything, you need less.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Agreed. Everyone is so concerned about being able to brag about the biggest numbers, why do you care so much? Let me ask you this, how many of you actually fully depress the accelerator pedal with 15-25K pounds in tow? What load do you pull or carry now that your truck can’t pull?

I hope they keep the DEF tank where it is and add another one in the same spot on the drivers side.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Agreed. Everyone is so concerned about being able to brag about the biggest numbers, why do you care so much? Let me ask you this, how many of you actually fully depress the accelerator pedal with 15-25K pounds in tow? What load do you pull or carry now that your truck can’t pull?
:agreed::agreed::eek::facepalm::D:D

Nothing :2cents:

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Ain't that where yours are now?
the new truck mirrors are not located on the window portion of the door but lower on the door panel itself

Attachments

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Agreed. Everyone is so concerned about being able to brag about the biggest numbers, why do you care so much? Let me ask you this, how many of you actually fully depress the accelerator pedal with 15-25K pounds in tow?
I do... I'm sure glad no one felt that way back in 2000 when we all had 200hp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
yep,and GM came out with a truck with 300hp/600 tq,and a real truck trans

its only taken 18 years to get 445hp and 910tq

·
Registered
631 Posts

Hmmmmm..... Yeah I got a few trailers that require full throttle to get up and moving, on the freeway, and through the hills of the Sierra mountain freeways. And full throttle just maintains speed. Granted, the max trailer weight has been increasing along the way over the years! The LB7 was maxed at 15K trailer, the 2018 just did 22K trailer over the Tehachipi pass in southern ca at 60 mph, full peddle for 15 min I think it was. I was VERY impressed!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Is there any word of GM putting 4.10 gears in these trucks in the future and giving them the 30K+ tow rating of their competitors?

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Is there any word of GM putting 4.10 gears in these trucks in the future and giving them the 30K+ tow rating of their competitors?
Short answer is no.....GM can't hang with the big dogs that's why GM will stay on the porch

1 - 20 of 114 Posts