Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if they started making 2020 duallys yet?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yep I confirmed last week there's a few in dealer inventory nation wide, didn't ask specifically where as mine is still on order event code 1100 not accepted by GM yet event code 2000. I'm told by my dealer he has allocation. GM also had a nation wide call with their dealers last week stating they are focused on sold orders before producing dealer prospect/lot inventories. I ordered mine first week of the strike 9/24 (kindof dumb) but alas GM is 6 weeks behind schedule. At least if my dealer is not feeding me a line of bull all DRW orders (Considered Sold by GM) are in progress now while they clear out their 6 week back log. According to Donlen the The DRW's weren't supposed to be started production until the end of Oct but the strike through that off.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I phrased my question wrong.
I had read that the WT dually production was underway quite some time ago.
But the higher trim levels were to start at the end of oct. Then we had a 6 week stike delay. Then the thanksgiving shut down..

I have been unable to find any High Country duallys at dealers, nationwide.
And since the xmas shut down is approaching, I am wondering just what the timeline is.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
When I go to price and build there’s a few GMC Denali DRW’s around and lots of “IN TRANSIT” but the Chevy High Country DRW’s there none in any inventory and some “IN TRANSIT”
Price and build only goes out 2000 miles from zip code.
Dealers have a better search than what we can find online.

When I go to GMFamilyfirst it only goes out 400 miles and there’s none of each.

·
Registered
96 Posts
DRW's were not even slated to start Production in any option package until the End of Oct 2019. The strike put all production 6 weeks behind, yes they have restarted production and are building DRW's in all option packages it seems, and from my previous post I was informed GM is focusing on Sold orders first, meaning if you had an order placed they are filling those orders prior to dealer lot orders. my order placed 9/24 has still not been accepted by GM Event code 2000 meaning one of two things, my Dealer does not have any allocations currently or GM doesn't have a slot available yet.

Edit: And according to the Donlen site 11/25 update the DRW builds are still 16+ weeks to produce from the time the order is accepted by GM aka event code 2000, you may need to add a few additional weeks for shipping depending on where you are in the country.

If you are looking for dealer lot inventory I wouldn't bet on many being around until early Jan, but most likely Mar.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts