Diesel Place banner

2019 1/2 Ton Diesel

26K views 67 replies 36 participants last post by  Icutmetl 
#1 ·
Reactions: skidont
#3 ·
If it's the 2.8 it's a mistake on GMs part. The 4.5 is just waiting to go in the 1500's

#11 ·
The truck is expected to heavily use aluminum, although another recent set of spy shots confirmed that GM won’t go to aluminum for the bed of the trucks. More likely, the hood and fenders will go to the lightweight metal.
And we all thought the GM paint peeling problems were bad before?!

:clap: :coolnana: :banghead: :wtf: :confuzeld: :bawl: :bat: :thumbsdow: :deadhorse:

Reactions: Glagulator
#12 ·
Interesting pictures, Dmax Fan, So what engine use that oil filter?

Attachments

#13 · (Edited)
The 2.8 uses a cartridge filter on the colorados I thought.

#14 ·
i put the number from the filter on google- purolator 554951058a - google cant find it

#20 ·
From the pictures I found, the 4.5 duramax has the oil filter on the front bottom.

#24 ·
Is it likely that the GM halfton diesel will make the first apperance at this NAIAS? I mean the rumors are not that frequent and we are close to the show.
What are the odds for the Baby Duramax 4.5 liter?
The 2019 1/2 ton lineup including engines will be shown/told about 1/13/2018 at a private offsite location from the NAIAS.

#28 ·
Isn't there a.1.9l baby diesel they are putting in cars? Maybe they will go with that.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

#38 ·
Wouldn't have a 5.3L! Sick and slow ass ####! And yes I have driven a new 5.3L! JMO, just as everyone has a a##h###!

#39 ·
Can't wait for this truck...I'm in an Eco Diesel right now and love it, but just went out of warranty. Going to switch over to the Silverado as I can order one through work when it becomes available. Good looking truck. The 3.0 Ram EcoD has been great for me. I have high hopes and expectatinos of the GMC/Chevy 1/2 ton Diesel.

#42 ·
:thumb: looked at preview video for this truck. Still lots of questions but it should be exciting :thumb:

it will be many things..but cheap aint one of them of that I am sure :D:2cents:

#45 ·
2019 GMC Sierra

1/2 ton called the Elevation standard 2.7L turbo diesel. 3.0L turbo inline 6 cyl offered later in production year. Very nice looking truck, not jacked way up in air, 20 inch rubber fills the wheel wells very nicely.

#46 ·
1/2 ton called the Elevation standard 2.7L turbo diesel. 3.0L turbo inline 6 cyl offered later in production year. Very nice looking truck, not jacked way up in air, 20 inch rubber fills the wheel wells very nicely.
The 2019 Sierra Elevation will have the 2.7 4 cyl turbo gas engine, not a diesel.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.