Diesel Place banner

41 - 60 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
The one I drove was a 2013, so I don't know the definition of "new." It was not impressive to me, maybe I am just used to the duramax making all the power down low.
I long for the days when full size trucks were only 2wd, manual transmission and 60-120 HP

So much simpler

·
Registered
940 Posts
:thumb: looked at preview video for this truck. Still lots of questions but it should be exciting :thumb:

it will be many things..but cheap aint one of them of that I am sure :D:2cents:

·
Registered
129 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I long for the days when full size trucks were only 2wd, manual transmission and 60-120 HP

So much simpler
I agree, but that doesn’t mean they were capable. I remember my ‘83 1/2 ton 2WD with a 305 and 4-speed manual was a cheap and simple truck. But even trying to pull a couple jet skis was challenging. I had the long bed filled with tools everyday for work and it could handle that barely ok, but towing wasn’t it’s strong point.

Reactions: snopro

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts
2019 GMC Sierra

1/2 ton called the Elevation standard 2.7L turbo diesel. 3.0L turbo inline 6 cyl offered later in production year. Very nice looking truck, not jacked way up in air, 20 inch rubber fills the wheel wells very nicely.

·
Registered
256 Posts
1/2 ton called the Elevation standard 2.7L turbo diesel. 3.0L turbo inline 6 cyl offered later in production year. Very nice looking truck, not jacked way up in air, 20 inch rubber fills the wheel wells very nicely.
The 2019 Sierra Elevation will have the 2.7 4 cyl turbo gas engine, not a diesel.

·
Premium Member
1,463 Posts

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
It looks like 282hp and 450tq for the new 3.0 diesel

·
Registered
13 Posts
Originally heard early 2019, then 2nd quarter from a salesman, and then read on a truck forum late 2019. I really wanted one, but couldn't wait out the uncertainty. Just bought a 6.6L instead.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Anyone have the 3.0l yet?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I saw two of these in a rest area heading back to Michigan from Florida last week, monitoring data on a laptop. One with the diesel air scoop and one without. I asked about the MPG, but they were tight-lipped.

Reactions: johnH123

·
Registered
12 Posts
I saw two of these in a rest area heading back to Michigan from Florida last week, monitoring data on a laptop. One with the diesel air scoop and one without. I asked about the MPG, but they were tight-lipped.
I almost forgot the best part of my story...when i mentioned that I was driving a 6.5L, he the driver said,"I'll keep my fingers crossed for you".

·
Registered
12 Posts
They drop a hint on release date?
Nope. I had plenty of questions, but no answers. I did get the impression that they liked the numbers on the laptop, FWIW.
I'll be interested to see if the 3.0 will go in vans down the road.

·
Registered
2012 3500 srw cclb
157 Posts
Have heard through grapevine they were having reliability issues with the timing belts.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Timing belt on a straight 6 diesel? Idiots

Reactions: johnH123

·
Administrator
17,003 Posts
Does anyone on this forum know where this inline six will be built? USA? Offshore?
Production is supposed to be at the Flint Engine plant.
Assigned RPO: LM2

41 - 60 of 68 Posts