Diesel Place banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Oil filter is on passenger side rear of the block in those spy shots.

·
Registered
55 Posts
NAIAS ?

Is it likely that the GM halfton diesel will make the first apperance at this NAIAS? I mean the rumors are not that frequent and we are close to the show.
What are the odds for the Baby Duramax 4.5 liter?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Is it likely that the GM halfton diesel will make the first apperance at this NAIAS? I mean the rumors are not that frequent and we are close to the show.
What are the odds for the Baby Duramax 4.5 liter?
The 2019 1/2 ton lineup including engines will be shown/told about 1/13/2018 at a private offsite location from the NAIAS.

·
Gone but not forgotten member
3,455 Posts
Isn't there a.1.9l baby diesel they are putting in cars? Maybe they will go with that.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
I feel that would be pointless to put that small of an engine turbodiesel or not into a full size truck. I've driven a 5.3 silverado and they are a little anemic.

·
Registered
2020 Silverado 3500HD Duramax/Allison, LT, Crew Cab, SRW, Std. Bed, Z71, 4WD,
2,079 Posts
so is it a 2 stroke?
Yes. Opposed-piston engines were Originally use in WWII German aircraft.

Can you imagine the sound of that straight piped? :clap:

Reactions: TiredFarmer

·
Gone but not forgotten member
3,455 Posts
I feel that would be pointless to put that small of an engine turbodiesel or not into a full size truck. I've driven a 5.3 silverado and they are a little anemic.
Isn't gutless the new normal in the fuel economy race?

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Reactions: jon5212

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Gutless to what a sports car? Line one up against any older full size SUV that isn't a hotrodded version. They are only getting more powerful. Traction control and TQ management take all the fun out of them. I agree about small diesels you just have to run them that much harder in big vehical.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Gutless to what a sports car? Line one up against any older full size SUV that isn't a hotrodded version. They are only getting more powerful. Traction control and TQ management take all the fun out of them. I agree about small diesels you just have to run them that much harder in big vehical.

Gutless as in i've seen 5.3's pulling a small trailer and they aren't even in overdrive and screaming away lol.

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
Gutless as in i've seen 5.3's pulling a small trailer and they aren't even in overdrive and screaming away lol.
I see... well an old 350/350 combo doesn't have overdrive so that would make it not gutless to you?

Heck my 6.0l gasser is running at 3k+ most of the because that the where it makes power. And how I drive it...I guess if your a diesel guy all gasser are "gutless".

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
And you’ve driven a NEW 5.3?

I’ve driven many, and I’m surprised at the power, even hooked up to my large and fairly heavy enclosed trailer. I would say they are anything but anemic.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Wouldn't have a 5.3L! Sick and slow ass ####! And yes I have driven a new 5.3L! JMO, just as everyone has a a##h###!

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Can't wait for this truck...I'm in an Eco Diesel right now and love it, but just went out of warranty. Going to switch over to the Silverado as I can order one through work when it becomes available. Good looking truck. The 3.0 Ram EcoD has been great for me. I have high hopes and expectatinos of the GMC/Chevy 1/2 ton Diesel.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
And you’ve driven a NEW 5.3?

I’ve driven many, and I’m surprised at the power, even hooked up to my large and fairly heavy enclosed trailer. I would say they are anything but anemic.
The one I drove was a 2013, so I don't know the definition of "new." It was not impressive to me, maybe I am just used to the duramax making all the power down low.

21 - 40 of 68 Posts