Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
I am very curious as to what is under the hood.
If it's the 2.8 it's a mistake on GMs part. The 4.5 is just waiting to go in the 1500's

·
Administrator
16,342 Posts
If it's the 2.8 it's a mistake on GMs part. The 4.5 is just waiting to go in the 1500's
I could see them offering the 2.8L as an option to compete with Ford's EcoBoost engine.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
I could see them offering the 2.8L as an option to compete with Ford's EcoBoost engine.
Even the little eco boost would eat this thing empty or towing. The 4.5 with 275-300 hp would be perfect

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
You can get a 6.5 ft bed on the current half ton crew cabs.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
The motor is probably less than 3 liters so it can be used globally.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
You can get a 6.5 ft bed on the current half ton crew cabs.

I don't think I've seen one around here, except for 1500HD's from years ago. I've seen plenty of 6.5's on extended and double cabs, though.

·
Registered
849 Posts
The truck is expected to heavily use aluminum, although another recent set of spy shots confirmed that GM won’t go to aluminum for the bed of the trucks. More likely, the hood and fenders will go to the lightweight metal.
And we all thought the GM paint peeling problems were bad before?!

:clap: :coolnana: :banghead: :wtf: :confuzeld: :bawl: :bat: :thumbsdow: :deadhorse:

Reactions: Glagulator

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
The 2.8 uses a cartridge filter on the colorados I thought.

·
Registered
133 Posts
i put the number from the filter on google- purolator 554951058a - google cant find it

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Could be several different engines GM is testing Hoping the 4.5L Dmax but probley a 3L engine range

·
Registered
3 Posts
I would love to own 1 1/2 diesel, but hope it makes somewhat near the power that the big 6.6L Duramax has.

I'd love to own another diesel someday, and I'm a die hard GM guy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The 2.8L Baby Dmax does in fact use a cartridge filter and it is accessed from on top. So, this engine definitely is not the 2,8L. What it is remains a mystery.:bounce:
Also, it appears that only one exhaust pipe comes off the engine, and the dual pipes at the rear bumper are tapped off after the DPF assembly.

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
From the pictures I found, the 4.5 duramax has the oil filter on the front bottom.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts