Diesel Place banner

161 - 180 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Hey moderators you guys need to retitle the L5P section to sixth generation and not the fifth.....lets tight'n up you guys

Reactions: Sport45

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #163 ·
Wow, did a build on the GMC website, and there's significant sticker price shock. I took delivery of a factory ordered 2016 a couple of months ago after giving up the wait for the 2017s, and now I'm glad I did. The very same configuration as my two month old truck, but with the new engine, is more than $14,000 more expensive.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Wow, did a build on the GMC website, and there's significant sticker price shock. The very same configuration as my two month old truck, but with the new engine, is more than $14,000 more expensive.

Hmmm.....New engine, ram air induction & hood = $14,000. :wtf:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wow, did a build on the GMC website, and there's significant sticker price shock. I took delivery of a factory ordered 2016 a couple of months ago after giving up the wait for the 2017s, and now I'm glad I did. The very same configuration as my two month old truck, but with the new engine, is more than $14,000 more expensive.
I built and ordered a 2016 in Feb 2016, then canceled the order. I then just built and ordered the exact truck but a 2017 and the price went up slightly...maybe $1,000 at the most.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Are you comparing MSRP's or MSRP vs amount paid?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ted, you could always sell the DPF, SCR et al to recoup some of that price difference.

(Sorry buddy, can't help myself :HiHi:)

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
Good one Armus, but you know I love that stuff. I'm presently on my way south to Mexico hauling my 39ft fifth wheel and got 1094 kms between regens while towing. I've never had any issues with the emissions system on any of my post 2007 trucks.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'm waiting to see more guys try that Kennedy tune.
I'd also be interested if the L5P is any better in regards to regen frequency, dead pedal etc.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I'm waiting to see more guys try that Kennedy tune.
I'd also be interested if the L5P is any better in regards to regen frequency, dead pedal etc.
i hope it got better i just ordered a 2017 denali got him down to $62094+TT

·
Gone but not forgotten member
3,455 Posts
Keep looking, but so far no build capability on Chevy.com, don't get it, if you can order a GMC why not a Chevy?

·
Registered
405 Posts
*******...what was the MSRP of your build?

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Keep looking, but so far no build capability on Chevy.com, don't get it, if you can order a GMC why not a Chevy?
You can probably order one, even the public website isn't site finished.

·
Gone but not forgotten member
3,455 Posts
You can probably order one, even the public website isn't site finished.
Checked today at dealership, and still no on ordering.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I ordered a 17 Chevy 3500HD High Country almost 2 months ago. Dealer just didn't know pricing then. Not sure yet when it will be built.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I ordered a 2017 Denali HD on October 5th not knowing when it was going to be built then I get a call a week after saying they're gonna start building it on October 17th now I get a phone call a few days ago saying now they're gonna start building it on November 14th so who know when i'll get it

Reactions: TiredFarmer

·
Registered
33 Posts
Anyone know how long it takes to get the truck from its build date. I ordered a 2010 years ago but can't remember how long it took. It was over a few months I think.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Depends how far you are from Flint, whether it needs to go by rail or truck, how far your dealer is from rail marshalling yard, etc etc -- and how quick your dealer preps it and calls you.

Reactions: TiredFarmer

·
Registered
405 Posts
I am in the Dallas area. I have ordered 3 trucks over the years, but here are the dates from my 2013 Silverado 3500HD order.

Ordered on 10/25/12.

Target production week of 11/19/12 (most of the time the unit is built within a week of that production time frame which would make it produced by 11/25/12 and then have a 10-14 day transit time).

Arrived at the dealer on 12/3/12.

I picked it up on 12/6/12.

161 - 180 of 191 Posts