Diesel Place banner
21 - 40 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ SRW
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Eight cameras, if offered, will be an option, so nobody will have to take something they don't want, but I haul a big 5th wheel trailer and I would take the camera option.

I REALLY LIKE my backup camera on the big screen in my 2015 - as you back up there are lines on the screen to show the exact vehicle tracking so you can avoid objects low down.

I also REALLY LIKE the lane departure warnings that vibrate the left or right sides of my seat if I stray a little out of the center of the lane.

You don't know how useful these enhancements are until you try them.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Eight cameras, if offered, will be an option, so nobody will have to take something they don't want, but I haul a big 5th wheel trailer and I would take the camera option.

I REALLY LIKE my backup camera on the big screen in my 2015 - as you back up there are lines on the screen to show the exact vehicle tracking so you can avoid objects low down.

I also REALLY LIKE the lane departure warnings that vibrate the left or right sides of my seat if I stray a little out of the center of the lane.

You don't know how useful these enhancements are until you try them.
Don't get me wrong i like the back up camera and the other goodies. I tow many different size trailer and all that helps much. i just feel like its some thing more to go wrong

·
Premium Member
4,986 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
2017 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax Engine

The all new 2017 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax is powered by 6.7 liter Duramax V8 turbo diesel. This power train can surely produce more than 420 horsepower. Hood air intake technology can flow more air into the engine. So, the engine will be always fresh and prima even in long distance move. This car is also featured with micro Hybrid technology that can offer you with more efficient energy sources.
More Models : 2016 GMC Canyon Diesel Engine Option
2017 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax Release Date and Price

The General Motor hasn’t announced the fix release date of the all new 2017 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax. For the pricing, it will be on global market starting from $31.565 up to $50.000. The higher model and more features will determine the pricing.

dafuq I just read

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Looks like Chinese hackers writing a story.

·
Registered
590 Posts
How much will GM Put into a New 6-7 Liter Mill on their own ?????
Be nice to get a CGI block in 6.6 at the very least with a 425/825 rating and a 2000 series ally

Allison Sticks to their guns that you dont need anymore than a 6 spd trans in most apps

Reactions: dieselmanalways

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
dafuq I just read
I made this post in another "rumor" thread about that site, and it seems as though it's even more applicable after that webpage has been."updated".

Did you pull that little snippet from the futurecarmodel.com website?? Those articles are written by 5th grade children from third world countries that are practicing the new fancy English words they learned. Complete gibberish garbage.

I wouldn't say it's "all over the net" just because one worthless website mentioned a 6.7 which was probably a typo. I may eat my words, but I'm pretty sure the Duramax will continue as a 6.6L.

·
Registered
323 Posts
What they really need is for ME to select the gear the tranny is running in
Look, running empty, doing a gordon lightfoot, and the durn thing is winding away and refusing to shift
The engine has gobs of torque just off idle and I'm doing 35 on a suburban parkway with the engine around 1600 and refuses to shift, that engine should be able to push me along in 5th or 6th at 1200 rpm
Case in point was we moved a combine 90 miles. I ghosted along after it at 15 mph just running interference for traffic and I got a lousy 17mpg - I was fit to be tied becasue it refused to shift and let the engine run just barely off idle - no reason in this world I should not have been getting 30 mpg

Reactions: TiredFarmer

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
If there's anyone out there going to the International Auto Show that starts for the public in Detroit today, could you please see if there's any info on the 2017s, especially the new engine. Thanks.

·
Registered
374 Posts
If there's anyone out there going to the International Auto Show that starts for the public in Detroit today, could you please see if there's any info on the 2017s, especially the new engine. Thanks.
X2 Thanks!

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
X3

·
Registered
338 Posts
X4. i want to know. I sure hope the face lift them like did to the 1500, and i'd LOVE to see 900 ft/lbs from the factory like the ford and ram

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
how about a 7th or 8th super-overdrive?,could these trucks run 65mph at 1000 rpms?
Running at such low rpm for extended periods of time would destroy the engine and be hard on a lot of other things.

21 - 40 of 191 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.