Diesel Place banner
181 - 191 of 191 Posts

·
Gone but not forgotten member
3,455 Posts
Used to be eight weeks average from start to delivery.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I still can't build a 2017 on the Canadian, gmcanada.ca web site. Can't get prices either. Couple of weeks ago the dealer couldn't give me a price of the 2017 2500 HDs.

The web site is still pushing the 2016s. And the local newspapers give about $13,000 off the window sticker on a 2017 Duramax. Likely get a few more thousand off a 2016 for a cash deal.

If it is anything like the transition from '05 to '06, there was about a $6,000 difference between the two. '06 did get a six speed, but other than that, they where basically the same truck.

So if you need a new one, is the unknown price increase worth the wait? Maybe not.

Reactions: TiredFarmer

·
Registered
657 Posts
Reactions: DieselDogg

·
Registered
657 Posts
$68,670 +tax tag
just totaled out my 2012 & had to cancell my order on my 2017 duramax just went & bought a 2017 1500 gas denali sorry jump ship

·
Registered
611 Posts
I still can't build a 2017 on the Canadian, gmcanada.ca web site. Can't get prices either. Couple of weeks ago the dealer couldn't give me a price of the 2017 2500 HDs.

The web site is still pushing the 2016s. And the local newspapers give about $13,000 off the window sticker on a 2017 Duramax. Likely get a few more thousand off a 2016 for a cash deal.

If it is anything like the transition from '05 to '06, there was about a $6,000 difference between the two. '06 did get a six speed, but other than that, they where basically the same truck.

So if you need a new one, is the unknown price increase worth the wait? Maybe not.
Buddy of mine is being told before Christmas for his Denali, dealer south of Red Deer. I'm not sure on the price, but it wouldn't matter for him anyways.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Buddy of mine is being told before Christmas for his Denali, dealer south of Red Deer. I'm not sure on the price, but it wouldn't matter for him anyways.
I HAD A BUILD DATE OF DEC 12TH & THE DEALER SAID ABOUT 4-5 WEEKS AFTER THAT BECAUSE THE TRAIN MUST CLEAR CUSTOMS ONCE IT ENTERS US THEN CAR CARRIER CAN DELIVER TO DEALERSHIP

·
Registered
2022 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ SRW
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #189 ·
There are NO delays clearing customs. My truck was built in Flint and was put on the train to Vancouver, BC about 2 weeks later. I tracked it using the CP railcar tracker all the way across the USA and Canada, about 10 days. The "delay" at the border crossing in to Canada was maybe 2 hours - a routine clearing of a train full of cars coming into Canada under NAFTA agreement. The main delay is the time the truck spends in the holding yard at Flint, and then after it is unloaded at the nearest point to the dealership. My truck was another 10 days sitting in the trucker's yard before it was sent to the dealer.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Ted you should correct your signature there is no LTZ trim in GMC.

·
Registered
2022 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD LTZ SRW
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #191 ·
You're darned right, thank you. Should be SLT. I'll fix it right away.

181 - 191 of 191 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.