Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been trolling on this site for a while getting some ideas. Went ahead and committed to the BDS 2-3” Coilover conversion lift with 35” BFGs on 18x9 Method Wheels. Did the install over a weekend. It’s a pretty straight forward install but does require welding a bracket to brace the stock shock tower. I set the coilover height to level out the truck and didn’t lift the rear. I couldn’t find much info or pics on anyone running the kit so I figured I’d post on it and answer questions if there were any. Didn’t touch the rebound or compression settings and it rides like a dream; a huge improvement over the torsion bar setup from the factory.

Im no professional photographer but I hope you enjoy!

2017 2500 LTZ Z71 4x4
Lift - BDS 2-3” lift/Coilover Conversion up front; no lift in rear w/ 2.5” remote resi’s
Wheels - Method Racing 18x9 w/5” BS. Slight trimming of the front of the inner fender, only rubbed in reverse at full lock.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
That CCLB is beautiful! I really like your approach to the lift, better performance while not altering the ability of the truck to do work, and to still be able to work out of the truck. Job well done. My only concern is that you’d be looking at the sky when towing, but a set of airbags in the rear would keep it Level. Does the kit alter any capacities of the truck?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That CCLB is beautiful! I really like your approach to the lift, better performance while not altering the ability of the truck to do work, and to still be able to work out of the truck. Job well done. My only concern is that you’d be looking at the sky when towing, but a set of airbags in the rear would keep it Level. Does the kit alter any capacities of the truck?
Thanks! It turned out exactly how I wanted which is exactly what you stated, still able to use the truck while improving the overall suspension ride and performance.

I haven’t towed anything big other then some dirt bikes and a UTV on a trailer since I put the lift on. Have a 25’ toy hauler we will be taking on a trip in about a month so we will see how it does. The bags would definitely help the stock rear leafs and overload. Maybe this trip will give me the extra push I need to beef up the rear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice nice work man and thanks for sharing. I would like to do the same as you have done here, perfect setup in my eye's. An auto-leveling bag set up and there will be nothing that can touch it out and available from the showroom is what I figure

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
That's absolutely gorgeous! Now I'm going to have to look this kit up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Exactly what I want to do when I can find some extra cash. Did you find any deals on the kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 6 of 6 Posts