Diesel Place banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to remedy this condition. It's described in more detail below, but, generally, concerns how heavy the steering gets, especially the pull toward center at highway speeds.

I've got a 2016 2500HD HC CC SB D\A 4x4. My only complaint is the programming for electric over hydraulic steering. It's always pulling the wheel back toward absolute center. While raveling straight on a typical crowned highway at 75mph, keeping the truck on the road requires resisting the steering system pulling the wheel back to center. This quickly becomes laborious. As speed increases, so does the force of system's pull toward absolute center. This is unique this system's design.

Any perfectly aligned steering axle clocked to absolute center only delivers a straight line trajectory when traveling on an unpitched surface. Traveling on pitched road surfaces requires steering axle input increasing as pitch increases. On this vehicle, designers choose to ignore these conditions for speeds over 65mph. It seems to get very heavy from 75mph on.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts