Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2016 Sierra 2500HD. Engine light came on and it is a P0073. I replaced the ambient air sensor behind the grill and the code came back on right away. Does anyone have experience with this and are there any other solutions to fix the issue?

·
Administrator
19,884 Posts
I just bought a 2016 Sierra 2500HD. Engine light came on and it is a P0073. I replaced the ambient air sensor behind the grill and the code came back on right away. Does anyone have experience with this and are there any other solutions to fix the issue?
Welcome to DieselPlace

Did you use an OEM replacement part or aftermarket?

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
I don't know what P0073 says, but the temp sensor behind the grill is for the ambient display on the dash.

The dmax trucks have a temp sensor in the passenger mirror for engine ambient (gas trucks don't have the mirror sensor)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know what P0073 says, but the temp sensor behind the grill is for the ambient display on the dash.

The dmax trucks have a temp sensor in the passenger mirror for engine ambient (gas trucks don't have the mirror sensor)
The P0073 does say ambient air temp circuit high. It is a duramax. The temperature on the dash is reading like it should. Maybe I need to replace the sensor in the mirror.

·
Administrator
19,884 Posts
The P0073 does say ambient air temp circuit high. It is a duramax. The temperature on the dash is reading like it should. Maybe I need to replace the sensor in the mirror.
The AAT sensor located in the grill communicates with the BCM.
If you used an aftermarket sensor as a replacement you may have an electrical gremlin.. Replace it with an OEM part.
If you are still having an issue then you need to trace and inspect the wire from the sensor to the BCM, looking for any rubbed through wire insulation, rodent damage, corrosion, etc..

Reactions: IdahoSteve
1 - 5 of 5 Posts