Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 3500 dually. I do tow 12-15k# from time to time (boat or tractor). 65k miles on here and the steering wheel noticeably shakes when I hit the brakes firmly. When I let up and hit them easier, less shaking. I’m figuring warped rotors. Rather than give money to the dealer, or even try to have the rotors turned, I might as well replace the rotors and pads. Any suggestions on OEM vs aftermarket?

·
Administrator
16,725 Posts
2016 3500 dually. I do tow 12-15k# from time to time (boat or tractor). 65k miles on here and the steering wheel noticeably shakes when I hit the brakes firmly. When I let up and hit them easier, less shaking. I’m figuring warped rotors. Rather than give money to the dealer, or even try to have the rotors turned, I might as well replace the rotors and pads. Any suggestions on OEM vs aftermarket?
Our Supporting Vendor, RockAuto has a selection of brake parts to get your issue resolved:

(y)

·
Premium Member
17,934 Posts
Inspect (disassemble) all four corners. Front vibrations are typically from the back not doing their share of the braking.
Not only can the caliper slide pins seize in their respective boxes, but, the pads backing plates can become wedged in place due to corrosion swelling the pad backing plates and/ or the mounting bracket.

Myself, Napa rotors and GM Professional Grade Ceramic pads.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts