Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke the crank on my original engine and replaced it with a reman. Prior to the breakdown, all things worked at optimal condition. Now that we have the new engine in, I'm showing 260-305 psi in the fuel system. Turns well and strong but won't start. Not enough pressure. I've primed the system and there is fuel coming out of all injectors. Is there something I could me missing that may fix the problem? Please help.

·
Administrator
19,899 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace
Any mods on the motor?

Have you inspected all fuses?
Inspected all grounds?
Inspected engine harness for any rubbed-through wire insulation, corrosion, loose connections, broken wires?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So because of the firing order on the original cam, we did add a different cam to the reman engine we bought. Changing the firing order. Reducing the amount of pressure to the front of the crank. But we did change the pins to the right position on the harness for each cylinder. We did go.through all the fuses and all good. We did follow the limes for.leaks and found nothing. No broken wires. We are going to check the ground wires again but other than that, everything looks good.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Have seen alternator connectors and fuel pressure regulator connectors swapped, causing low fuel pressure. Verify circuit colors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts