Diesel Place banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I know that the dqs mirrors have a temp sensor in the passenger side mirror. Is this same sensor in the dpn mirror on a 14 Duramax with exhaust brake?

·
Registered
4,848 Posts
I know that the dqs mirrors have a temp sensor in the passenger side mirror. Is this same sensor in the dpn mirror on a 14 Duramax with exhaust brake?
Is the temp sensor that black plastic clip on the bottom of the passenger mirror?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Mine has nothing on the bottom of the mirror. That's why I asked. Nobody seems to be able to tell me where the sensor is on a truck with dpn tow mirrors.

·
Registered
15,713 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,
Hope I don't sound like a worn record here, as I just joined this site. I am not at all electrically-smart and savvy about electrical things, but mechanically inclined. After reading all I could find on here, I am still trying to figure out a definitive answer on whether I can swap out mirrors (plug n play) on my 2015 GMC 2500HD SLT Z71, with memory seats and power adjust mirrors.
To summarize, my truck currently has manually extendable black towing mirrors with the turn-signal embedded in the mirror glass. I have seat/mirror memory on the driver's door.
I want to change out these mirrors to a same style but with the power folding function. I don't really care if anything else works but the truck won't fit in/out of the garage without folding the mirrors in and its getting to be a fair PITA to get out every time and do it manually.
Anyone who has gone through this and knows for sure?
Thanks
Glen

·
Registered
15,713 Posts
Hi guys,
Hope I don't sound like a worn record here, as I just joined this site. I am not at all electrically-smart and savvy about electrical things, but mechanically inclined. After reading all I could find on here, I am still trying to figure out a definitive answer on whether I can swap out mirrors (plug n play) on my 2015 GMC 2500HD SLT Z71, with memory seats and power adjust mirrors.
To summarize, my truck currently has manually extendable black towing mirrors with the turn-signal embedded in the mirror glass. I have seat/mirror memory on the driver's door.
I want to change out these mirrors to a same style but with the power folding function. I don't really care if anything else works but the truck won't fit in/out of the garage without folding the mirrors in and its getting to be a fair PITA to get out every time and do it manually.
Anyone who has gone through this and knows for sure?
Thanks
Glen
Depends on the build date of your truck. If it is prior to August 2014 like mine was most of the functions will work with a minor change in wiring, the power fold worked in my 2015 by adding the power window switch on the drivers door and the passengers door. If after August 14 they vary with RPO codes.:thumb:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Can you get power folding mirrors to work on a sle regular cab? I want to order a new truck and want power folding. Dealer has no definite answer. I don't see it when I try and build one either.

·
Registered
68 Posts
So......I have read endless post across 10 different forums (maybe a small stretch) and still trying to figure this out and get my dealer to order the correct parts. Originally was going to order the Kit that this thread started with but realized they were not power fold. I really want the power fold to work. I currently have the small mirrors with all the options. Can anyone that has done this swap please help and confirm numbers. I have seen on other forums that this was done and everything worked like it was supposed to. I have a 2015 2500HD. It is AVF with mirror code DL3 and A45. Here is what i have found so far.

23171564 and 23171567 are the correct harnesses. The mirrors are what I cant seem to get figured out. Not sure if its because there have been so many different ones or what. I am looking for the power fold mirrors with the marker lights, leds, and chrome accents. Are the mirror part numbers 23241465 and 23241467 for the diesel trucks? According to GMPartsdirect that number is for the powerfold 1st design. They have a number also for a second design but only show one side?

·
Registered
90 Posts
So......I have read endless post across 10 different forums (maybe a small stretch) and still trying to figure this out and get my dealer to order the correct parts. Originally was going to order the Kit that this thread started with but realized they were not power fold. I really want the power fold to work. I currently have the small mirrors with all the options. Can anyone that has done this swap please help and confirm numbers. I have seen on other forums that this was done and everything worked like it was supposed to. I have a 2015 2500HD. It is AVF with mirror code DL3 and A45. Here is what i have found so far.

23171564 and 23171567 are the correct harnesses. The mirrors are what I cant seem to get figured out. Not sure if its because there have been so many different ones or what. I am looking for the power fold mirrors with the marker lights, leds, and chrome accents. Are the mirror part numbers 23241465 and 23241467 for the diesel trucks? According to GMPartsdirect that number is for the powerfold 1st design. They have a number also for a second design but only show one side?
This was posted today on another Duramax forum - The mirror and door harness part numbers have been superseded. Here is what I ordered and what I received: DS mirror: ordered 23241465 received 23351794, PS Mirror: ordered 23241469 received 23351798, DS Harness: ordered 23171564 received 23342727 and PS Harness: ordered 23171567 received 23342716

If I recall, 2324167 passenger side mirror is for gas trucks, it does not have the temp sensor.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I went by the dealer on the way home and ordered the parts. The harness part numbers changed up to another number. The mirrors were also a different part number that had changed as well. I did find something else out that I haven't heard anyone mention so far. There is a K40 RPO code that makes a difference on the passenger mirror so I assume that is the designation for the ambient sensor for the diesel. Trying to get him to send me part numbers so I can post them up. If not then the stuff will be here next week and I will get them then.

·
Registered
68 Posts
This was posted today on another Duramax forum - The mirror and door harness part numbers have been superseded. Here is what I ordered and what I received: DS mirror: ordered 23241465 received 23351794, PS Mirror: ordered 23241469 received 23351798, DS Harness: ordered 23171564 received 23342727 and PS Harness: ordered 23171567 received 23342716

If I recall, 2324167 passenger side mirror is for gas trucks, it does not have the temp sensor.

The numbers ordered are exactly what you are saying you received. Mirrors are 23351794 and 23351798. Harness numbers are 23342727 and 23342716

Did you have to do any programing or did everything work fine? From my understanding, if you had the DL3 mirrors with power fold and went to the DNQ mirror with power fold that there might not be programing needed.

·
Registered
90 Posts
The numbers ordered are exactly what you are saying you received. Mirrors are 23351794 and 23351798. Harness numbers are 23342727 and 23342716

Did you have to do any programing or did everything work fine? From my understanding, if you had the DL3 mirrors with power fold and went to the DNQ mirror with power fold that there might not be programing needed.
What I posted was from another forum, not what I received.

When I bought my 2015.5 last September, part of the deal from the dealer was going from DL3 mirrors to DQS mirrors.

Paperwork that I was given when I picked the truck up stated programing was also done and the mirrors are the original numbers, not the most recent numbers. Everything works as if they were installed from factory.

Others on this forum and other forums claim they did not need programming.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Received the following like discussed. Mirrors numbers 23351794 and 23351798. Harness numbers 23342727 and 23342716. Took about an hour per side taking my time to put them on. Everything appears to work like it should, power fold, parking lights, turn signals, memory, tilt in reverse, adjust, etc. Only thing I wonder is what happens to the puddle lamp lights and dimming mirrors? Guess those options just kind of disappears. Looks like they would have tied the puddle lights to the LED's or something and still done the auto dimming. Oh well, neither of those are a big deal for me I guess. The LED's do come on with the cargo lamp switch and will stay on in reverse. Best I can tell from what I have read that is how they operate from the factory. The passenger mirror does have the ambient temp sensor as well and assume it is working like it should. It appears that I may have escaped without having to get reprogramed unless someone tells me something else that I may have missed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello, is there any way to make the GAS mirrors work on the diesel? I know it's been said you need the diesel part for the passenger side, but I can get a dirt cheap set of gas tow mirrors with chrome caps, blinker, tilt, led, power fold, but want to make sure I can make them work on my '15 early yr 2500hd Denali Duramax. I have the DL3 small mirrors will powerfold, tilt heat etc. Can I take the sensor out of my existing mirror and fit into the gas passenger side? Tia

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, is there any way to make the GAS mirrors work on the diesel? I know it's been said you need the diesel part for the passenger side, but I can get a dirt cheap set of gas tow mirrors with chrome caps, blinker, tilt, led, power fold, but want to make sure I can make them work on my '15 early yr 2500hd Denali Duramax. I have the DL3 small mirrors will powerfold, tilt heat etc. Can I take the sensor out of my existing mirror and fit into the gas passenger side? Tia
I know this is a little (couple years) later, but this problem persists due to the truck models assembled dates and styles. I did the cheaper gasser mirrors with all luxuries except power fold on my 2500 LT Duramax. To avoid the extra several hundred dollars for the exclusive ambient sensor mirror i just surgically removed the sensor from the stock mirror (with a sledgehammer) and wired it into the new mirror harness. Then, just hang it in the most convenient open slot inside the door panel so its exposed to somewhat outside air. Done. No codes.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts