Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quit working yesterday. Anyone have any ideas? Always worked in the past.

·
Administrator
16,275 Posts
Have you checked for any DTC codes?

Reactions: BanksLB7Duramax

·
Registered
315 Posts
make sure hood is closed completely. if 4 way flasher are on, won't start, If check engine light is on, ditto. Guess how I know... LOL

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
^^^^Yep^^^^

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Any of those check out for ya? Mine woukdnt start yesterday but started up fine with the key. Well fine as i coukd expect being that its been -40 not factoring the wind in for the last week or two. No codes on mine so i figured maybe it woukdnt start because the glow plugs hadnt got hot enough first start of the morn in that crazy amount of cold.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
-25 the other day and my remote start ,didn't work,,key worked just fine,trucks not happy its so cold

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Yup that was my thought. Maybe somthin to do with glow plugs not warming up fast enough when its that cold. Just a theory. But it did warm up to -25 here yesterday. Felt like summer. Remote start worked fine. Got back to -39 again today remote start worked fine still. The cold sure does seem to make these act up put of nowhere at the worst times though

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took the truck in, turns out batteries failed the test. New batteries and all is good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts