Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody bought the OEM 5th wheel hitch package for their 2015 GMC HD. If so does it use in bed hitch rails, or can you get the underbed setup with 4 holes in the bed to drop the 5th wheel hitch into.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Not sure what your getting at, if you mean a 5th wheel hitch installed at the factory, don't think GM does that. It wasn't an option when I ordered my truck 4 months ago. Would be nice if they did, I believe Ford does.

·
Premium Member
14,363 Posts
GM was in the process of offering an installed 5th wheel hitch made by Curt. Perhaps it's finally been implemented. I do not believe that it's a factory installed item, more likely dealer installed. As to what it looks like, I can't say, but so far, I've been impressed by the workmanship of the Curt products I've seen.

·
Registered
916 Posts
just looked on there web site, no 5th wheel package is available at this time. Only receiver hitches.

·
Registered
541 Posts
GM was in the process of offering an installed 5th wheel hitch made by Curt. Perhaps it's finally been implemented. I do not believe that it's a factory installed item, more likely dealer installed. As to what it looks like, I can't say, but so far, I've been impressed by the workmanship of the Curt products I've seen.
Even if it was dealer installed it would be listed as a PDO on option sheet when ordering truck.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
916 Posts
I stand corrected, funny it isnt listed on the regular gm site.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I want to see them come out with the "puck" system. The other "two" are doing it. We installed a Reese puck system in my cousin's 08 and it's nice not having to deal with the rails when then 5th wheel is out.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Chevy offers several different fifth wheel and gooseneck hitches on their Build & Price for the Silverado.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts