Diesel Place banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Best wishes for all!
Kindly ask about some expert opinion. Have LML after CP4 died (metal shelves were found on pressure regulator filter).
Changed CP4 to new CP4 (no more changed, cleaned everything, each injector was disassembled and very carefully cleaned) started engine from xxx times and found that my pressure regulator did not work (desired rail pressure is 30000 KPA, actual more than 70000). few times started, got P0088 and P128E. Tried to changed something, check again and again everything, pressure more higher and higher more than 200000 KPA. Then I found my mistake, connectors between fuel pressure regulator and relive valve have been changed. After that engine started 2 or 3 times, everything was good, very soft noise, but it won't start again after shut down. Next morning started last time, worked very good and after that nothing. I saw that it was not enough pressure for start, started thinking that my CP4 was damaged due to too high pressure, bought new one and installed, but still same situation.
P0088 and P128E in permanent status and won't to be deleted
I recorded some data during engine cranking, please review and provide any advise.
Have message: Reduced power engine, don't understand about reasons.
EGR removed, EfiLive tune, lift pump.

·
Administrator
19,948 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace
I suspect you still have metal in your fuel system
When the CP4 grenades the entire fuel system needs to be serviced/replaced and the average cost usually runs around 12k +
Metal shavings flow through the entire system ( return line, tank , fuel rail, etc )

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to DieselPlace
I suspect you still have metal in your fuel system
When the CP4 grenades the entire fuel system needs to be serviced/replaced and the average cost usually runs around 12k +
Metal shavings flow through the entire system ( return line, tank , fuel rail, etc )
Many thanks for your response, give me provide some thoughts:

Fuel filter (in my case it is cat) that placed after fuel tank and fuel pump lift should keep all debris, if some very small debris go through it means that it is allowed. After filter I washed everything, rails, all pressure pipes, pressure sensor, FPR1&2 are new, return line is flushing to the tank. I replaced already 3 pressure regulator, when I did that fuel is absolutely clean. How do you think what is the reasons can be for so low pressure if I still have some metal shelves inside of the system, I opened one injector, there nothing, everything clean. Just one thing that I am worry that all injector were damaged due to too high pressure and now all of them have leakage.

Read some topics here, found very close to my case 2012 LGH Crank no start

Will try to do that tomorrow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Please advise is it possible to check fuel return line pressure through the scan system. I am not able to find that parameter in the Efilive scantool

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got P00C9, start working with test procedure, but do not understand some meanings
High control circuit terminal 2
low control circuit terminal 1

Please advise where are these point location.

Font Screenshot Electric blue Number Terrestrial plant

1 - 5 of 5 Posts