Diesel Place banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 LML been deleted almost one year now. I got a check engine light this week had it scanned.

C0899
P0675
P0128

P0675 I have read that it is the #5 glow plug seems straight forward.

C0899 I can't find anything?

P0128 says the thermostat? IF so replace? where is it on the lml?

thanks,

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
went and checked the TCM wires jiggled them. Also checked voltage on the batterys which was 12 volts then I checked the alternator and batteries while it was running go 14 volts at the batteries and the alternator.

checked codes again all i got was the p0675 code. I cleared them and ran it for a bit nothing back on yet.

·
Banned
10,146 Posts
I found this for the C0899

Those are all low voltage codes stored in your vehicle. Has the battery gone dead recently? Have you replaced the battery or alternator recently?

Usually these codes set as a result of an electrical issue, usually a battery problem. If you haven't done any repairs, I would suggest to start by checking the starting and charging system on the Yukon. You may need a new battery and that can fix all those codes.
Being a 2011 you are at 6 years on the batteries. I think that might be your trouble spot. I bet a low battery at start could also throw a glow plug code. Have you had the batteries load tested? How long did it sit before you started it and received the codes?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nothing done to it, the batteries are only about 2 years old at the most. The starter does drag a bit always has. I guess there could be an issue with one or both even though they show to have 12 volts.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
A completely smoked battery can show 12V. You need to have them load tested. And as I'm sure you know, always replace batteries in pairs.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya will get them load tested for sure. And ya i know about doing it in pairs hope they are bad like i said only 2 years old maybe less.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still no codes yet. can you have a code and no check engine light?

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Ya will get them load tested for sure. And ya i know about doing it in pairs hope they are bad like i said only 2 years old maybe less.
What model are in it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts