Diesel Place banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Well compare side by side.. Pictures according to website I got them from.

You have the 2011 Ford F350 and the 2011 Chevy 3500 at the top.

You have the 2011 Ford F250 and the 2011 Chevy 2500 in the middle and bottom.

Me personally, I don't like the Ford dually fenders, but as dodge did, I am sure this will be a phase. With regards to the interior, GM has nicer colors but the material holds up better in the Ford. As far as the grill, I think the Ford makes a bolder statement, seems GM went back to 2002 with the old HD look, which is not a bad thing at all but just not for me. Then side to side, I think the Ford has a better stance and never really have understood why GM went to the squared off fender wells.

They are all great trucks, and these are just MY opinions.

I am curious to see if Ford will up their HP/TRQ numbers since they did start out so low.

Be interesting to see how they compare if tested 2011 to 2011...

Good observations. I like the more of a classic style front end of the Chevy's vs. the Tonka truck style of Fords, but that is one of those things that will always be a matter of opinion and you just have to go with what you like.

As far as the fenders, I'm not sure why they go the squared route either. It got really bad when the avalanch was released back in 02 i think. Had they released that product without the hideous plastic and the squared fender wells, it would've sold well I think. I wonder who made the call on that one. Funny how as the years went on, the fender wells got more and more rounded and the body had less and less plastic.

Probably designed by some grad out of art school instead of someone who has a great taste for a good styled vehicle.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I've looked ALOT at the Fords online and stopped at the local lot to take a closer look. I really like them. however the only way i would get one is if it were a King Ranch. The new 6.7 scares me though. Was never a big fan of buying the very first of anything.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Even if the manufacturers don't, or can't, post the mileage figures, it wouldn't take long for the word to travel if all of a sudden the new Chev was getting 30+ MPG!

I think I'm at a point where I'd "maybe" give up some power, for some mileage.:D

21 - 23 of 23 Posts