Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2011 chevy silverado 3500 6.6 duramax allison 2 w.d with delete
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 chevy silverado 3500 dually 2 wheel drive pick up with lml duraqmax & allison transmission. Transmission was working fine & never had issues but yesterday I came to a stop light & went to go after light turned green & trans was not in first gear & did not upshift. I got home & came out 10 minutes later & had no engagement in forward or reverse. It showed shift inhibited, shift to neutral to reset. I tried this a couple of times & it did nothing. Also the line under the shift indicator was blinking. I checked the fluid, condition looked good, started it back up & it worked perfectly. There are no codes & it still intermittently does weird stuff. Today I went to run errands & it was working fine, came to a stop light, light turned green & it was in 1st & wouldn't upshift. I drove it back to my business & let it set for about an hour, hooked up the scanner to look at data
& it's working fine. any ideas?

·
Administrator
22,306 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace

(y)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a scan tool that can read data. I had it hooked up earlier today & of course the trans worked like it's supposed to.

·
Registered
1997 GMC K3500 dually 4L80 4x4
64 Posts
Yeah, that makes it tough. If it's broken, and you can't communicate with the TCM, I would suspect the TCM to be the problem. very common. PS don't let the tcm heat sink touch ground wile it's plugged in. I haven't tested it, but every duramax class I've gone to claims the tcm will be hurt if this happens. good luck. I would have my test points at the tcm power, ground and can circuits ahead of time so when the problem happens I can test quickly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
New tcm from Ryan's diesel solved the problem. Came already programmed & cost less than from GM .

·
Administrator
22,306 Posts
New tcm from Ryan's diesel solved the problem. Came already programmed & cost less than from GM .
Glad you got the issue resolved.
Thanks for giving us an update!
(y)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After watching the data on the scanner, everytime the tcm temperature would get over 130 degrees problems would arise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts