Diesel Place banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Plan currently is to lengthen the frame. I think i need 34"for the wheel well to line up...oh well, i needed new drive line for the transfer case install anyway.
My other truck is crewcab 6.5 bed so if i need two trucks i should differentiate. Bed was on it, now is in the driveway. Have backup cams cause i wont hear a spotter that far away.

·
Registered
286 Posts
What's the plan for the interior? Are you going to have a 2+3+4 seater or just 2+4 with plenty of room in the middle?

I was always thinking that a 9-passenger van with the body cut just right to fit the 3 rows and a long bed would be the ultimate big family 5th wheel hauler. But looks like even the 177" wheelbase won't be long enough for this.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Currently i have 2 +3+3 +space.
Cutit back to the wheel well just starting to rise to fit the kodiak cab.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Space for 66" cab additional behind cab on 177" with long bed. Would be tight but doable with rear seat. I can measure exactly where seat ends for you.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
71" from door edge to seat back... Move the seat?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Do the 71" then 'nudge' the wheel well or use an offset axle spring plate for a couple inches. If i had a 177wb i would have made it happen that way, but no way to stretch my 48" space in a 159wb without surgery so i made my cab as long as i wanted.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Fact: The 177" cutaways do not come in 14200 GVWR, only 12300. Sad truth, the 177" thing will quickly be overloaded with a small 5th wheel behind it.

·
Registered
913 Posts
your neighbors must love you. lol

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Will a Topkick tilt-front fit on this?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
It will fit as the express and kodiak share body, the front mount is further out. Front axle is six? inches forward on mdt.
Long term plan is kodiak hood/fenders.(maybe)
Need to find the right(cheap/close) deal.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Any updates?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Little things, mostly stuck at work.
Good news is i will have some money...
I am usually week on / week off, but have been getting usually about 3 max in a row off lately. Hard to get stuff done keeping the wife and house together. Should be slow down right around weather turn...
I am collecting parts.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Should be on the lift, stretched, TCased, in a couple weeks. Always easy to say the plan. Pics when it happens.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Thanks. Just living vicariously through you! ��

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Aam axle seller balked. Short story is that i won an ebay auction, payed, then watched as the seller posted that they sold it locally and immediately reposted same axle (same veh id) for a higher price. I called them and said 'hey i get if you made a mistake on price no big deal we are all human', but they stuck with their story. To big a man to admit a mistake they would rather commit fraud. I notified ebay and ppal, but don't expect anything.

Happy ending i bought a f450 axle local.
It is big wide and heavy, everything a growing truck needs. Just needs ...8x6.5, a re-gear, all new seals, ends, bushings... And to be mounted 6.5 inches forward of previous axle center-line, for approach angle? Or just because thats where a kodiak axle would be.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Happy ending i bought a f450 axle local.
It is big wide and heavy, everything a growing truck needs. Just needs ...8x6.5, a re-gear, all new seals, ends, bushings... And to be mounted 6.5 inches forward of previous axle center-line, for approach angle? Or just because thats where a kodiak axle would be.
And I thought I was a glutten for punishment..
Kodiak front end won't ever happen for me...but making the express front end a flip forward is something I'm considering.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Might not ever Kodiak the front, but forward and out will make it more stable either way.
Your Allison does make me jealous.
A tilt express front seems like it would be as much work.
I would settle for some decent flared fenders.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts