Diesel Place banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this duramax meet the 2010 standards? I konw for sure it meets the 2007 but 2010?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,895 Posts
I don't know for sure, but I don't think it is, at this time, only the Dodge's Cummins 6.7 is compliant with 2010 standards. I wouldn't be surprised if GM comes out with a new larger Duramax for 2010, with rumors flying around from a TT setup to a 400hp/800ft.lbs. diesel. Time will tell. Chris

Another thing about the DPF and Dodge's 6.7, I've read and it has been stated that the DPF on the dodge is separate from the emission control system of the 6.7. Removing will NOT be against the law. Any ideas on this?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,561 Posts
I doubt the dmax will be able to comply with 2010 regulations. The basic shortblock design will have been 10 years old by that point, and probably not much left to improve at that point as far as making changes to keep emmissions compliance
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
273 Posts
D/AChris;1582473; said:
I don't know for sure, but I don't think it is, at this time, only the Dodge's Cummins 6.7 is compliant with 2010 standards. I wouldn't be surprised if GM comes out with a new larger Duramax for 2010, with rumors flying around from a TT setup to a 400hp/800ft.lbs. diesel. Time will tell. Chris

Another thing about the DPF and Dodge's 6.7, I've read and it has been stated that the DPF on the dodge is separate from the emission control system of the 6.7. Removing will NOT be against the law. Any ideas on this?
Removing the DPF from ANY 2007 and up diesel is against federal EPA regulations.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
258 Posts
C/K Man;1583966; said:
Removing the DPF from ANY 2007 and up diesel is against federal EPA regulations.
so is removing the Cat, but I do not think alot of people cared about that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
732 Posts
I am sure it will be a LOT harder to remove the DPF that it is a cat..
The DPF will have pressure and temp sensors, as well as be integrated into the computer much more than a cat.
Not saying it can't be done. But I am sure it will be alot harder than a finger stick..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,422 Posts
BigStu128;1584040; said:
I am sure it will be a LOT harder to remove the DPF that it is a cat..
The DPF will have pressure and temp sensors, as well as be integrated into the computer much more than a cat.
Not saying it can't be done. But I am sure it will be alot harder than a finger stick..
I agree 100%. I hope its something as easy as a larger displacment motor to meet the 2010 emissions. Ive heard things as crazy as urea injection to lower emissions, how this works I dont knwo but read about it in a trucking magazine so somehow must work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,537 Posts
I doubt it. I believe that the 2007 LMM is an interim motor and it will be updated in the very near future. I've also heard #'s of 400Hp/800lb.ft.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,683 Posts
duramaxdiesel;1584134; said:
I doubt it. I believe that the 2007 LMM is an interim motor and it will be updated in the very near future. I've also heard #'s of 400Hp/800lb.ft.
I bet they will be putting the finishing touches on it now, since they have seen what the competition has to offer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
366 Posts
I bet they will be putting the finishing touches on it now, since they have seen what the competition has to offer.
Everytime a engine is aviable for customer (like the LMM) the next generation of engine( the one that will bo ok for 2110 emission and with 400th/800lb.ft) is almost finish to built by the ingenior. At this time they are already testing secretely the successor of the LMM engine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
884 Posts
BigStu128;1584040; said:
I am sure it will be a LOT harder to remove the DPF that it is a cat..
The DPF will have pressure and temp sensors, as well as be integrated into the computer much more than a cat.
Not saying it can't be done. But I am sure it will be alot harder than a finger stick..
I think the DPF will be skirted with something along the same idea as a finger stick. probably end up being some little black box that tells the computer what it wants to hear and that's the end of it. It will be a real PITA for folks who get smog tested though. Have to put the DPF crap back in every time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
549 Posts
rock_shoes;1584916; said:
I think the DPF will be skirted with something along the same idea as a finger stick. probably end up being some little black box that tells the computer what it wants to hear and that's the end of it. It will be a real PITA for folks who get smog tested though. Have to put the DPF crap back in every time.
Maybe what we need is some sort of plug & play setup where you can quickly pop out the emissons & pop in an emissons-free pipe in it's place, & back again. It'd just snap into place & be good to go :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,740 Posts
since nobody has one of these yet, maybe there won't be any difference in performance,why we just wait and see before we all jump off the deep end and worry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
336 Posts
I have driven the new trucks with the LMM. There is no difference in performance. No worries here,:D regen is transparent, you wouldn’t feel it. The power and torque is fantastic, the same if not more than the LBZ. There are many ECM enhancements that will protect the DPF if something goes wrong within the engine control systems. I am very familiar with the LMM and the exhaust after-treatment systems on these trucks.

If you would like I can help answers some of your questions.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
732 Posts
dmax3500;1585005; said:
since nobody has one of these yet, maybe there won't be any difference in performance,why we just wait and see before we all jump off the deep end and worry
I agree with you on this one. Wait and see what we get first.
I would be willing to bet that they already have an engine in the works.
I was working on my senior design project in college 3 years ago.
We started our project in the fall of 03 and finished it in the summer of 04. My group was given the task of designing a test machine for DPFs.
We came up with something that used diesel fuel to saturate the filters and then get the temps high enough to cause a regeneration cycle. To my knowledge the machine is still in use, though it had to be housed in a trailer outside the plant. Something about burning diesel fuel and temperatures in the neighboorhood of 1240 degrees F that scared the insurance guys. LOL..... :D

So yeah, I am willing to be the manufacturers are already working on something for 2010. If they are smart they are any way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
Adding Emmisions System To Older Trucks

Does anybody know if by 2010 you will need to add the emm.systems to 2006 and older trucks to comply with the rest of them?/:mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
732 Posts
dmax07;1586327; said:
Does anybody know if by 2010 you will need to add the emm.systems to 2006 and older trucks to comply with the rest of them?/:mad:
You won't have to do that.
The vehicle has to comply with the emission standards for the year it was manufactured.
That is how you can have a big block Camaro in California. LOL...
So in 2010, your 06 truck will have to pass an emissions test, if your state requires it, for the emission standards in 2006.
Might have to put some additives in the fuel, so it doesn't chew up the IP, but that isn't a big deal..
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top