Diesel Place banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2008 GMC Sierra 225k miles bone stock
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi would like advice from others that have had seat issues. Got truck used and seat cover is torn with cushion cut and metal coming thru can see bar and some sharp parts of seat too, no fun to sit and drive.

How bad of job is it to replace ? Also what cushion do you reccomend ? I saw that the Seat shop makes one that supposed to be an upgrade. Suggestions please want to get this thing sitting level again and comfortable lol.

2008 GMC sierra cloth seats thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had this problem with my LMM when I had it. I was able to take the foam off the seat and use 3M spray adhesive to put it back together. Then I cut a couple old microfiber towels to fit the bottom of the cushion where it was torn and 3M spray adhesive to attach it as a reinforcement. Still looked great 2 years later when I traded the truck. The problem you are going to have is getting the fabric off without damaging it. There are some YouTube videos on how to remove it. When I fixed mine I replaced the seat covers at the same time so saving the fabric wasn't important.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts