Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Diesel Enthusiast, Formerly dholte1
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a 2008 Chev Silverdo 2500 HD DuraMax Allison Trans. 65K miles Always do the general maintenance Rotella Oil Filter and GM Fuel Filter annually. Replaced all Glow Plugs this spring. Have changed read differential Have change uto tran fluid and flush. I only pull a large heavy boat spring thru fall and rest of year it sits in a heated Man Cave with trickle charger on Orignal yet 2- GM Batteries. Incredible.
My question is;
When should I replace upper/lower rad hoses and change the ex Cooling fluid? Any other maintenece suggestions I am overlooking for his model at 65K miles? Really miss a back up camera but have not found one that ha good reviews.
I am thinking with 65K miles this rig will run a long set of years.
Thank you

·
Administrator
17,205 Posts
If you haven't done so already add a lift pump.

·
Registered
2021 GMC SLE 3500 cc, lb, l5p
3 Posts
I drive a 2008 Chev Silverdo 2500 HD DuraMax Allison Trans. 65K miles Always do the general maintenance Rotella Oil Filter and GM Fuel Filter annually. Replaced all Glow Plugs this spring. Have changed read differential Have change uto tran fluid and flush. I only pull a large heavy boat spring thru fall and rest of year it sits in a heated Man Cave with trickle charger on Orignal yet 2- GM Batteries. Incredible.
My question is;
When should I replace upper/lower rad hoses and change the ex Cooling fluid? Any other maintenece suggestions I am overlooking for his model at 65K miles? Really miss a back up camera but have not found one that ha good reviews.
I am thinking with 65K miles this rig will run a long set of years.
Thank you
Dave. I'm only responding because I have the same year truck with 160,000 more miles on it. I have the original radiator hoses on mine. Antifreeze is relatively cheap. It certainly won't hurt to drain and fill.
Years ago I used to do preventive maintenance and change hoses when they got to a certain age, but it seems the rubber used in the last 15 years is better than what I remember as a teenager or young college student.

I do change brake fluid and power steering fluid every other year, mostly because I like to see "cleaner, clearer" fluid in those two systems.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Dave. I'm only responding because I have the same year truck with 160,000 more miles on it. I have the original radiator hoses on mine. Antifreeze is relatively cheap. It certainly won't hurt to drain and fill.
Years ago I used to do preventive maintenance and change hoses when they got to a certain age, but it seems the rubber used in the last 15 years is better than what I remember as a teenager or young college student.

I do change brake fluid and power steering fluid every other year, mostly because I like to see "cleaner, clearer" fluid in those two systems.
I have a 2007.5 and still have original hoses as well. When should the timing belt be replaced?? Any suggestions?

·
Administrator
17,205 Posts
I have a 2007.5 and still have original hoses as well. When should the timing belt be replaced?? Any suggestions?
This thread can give you some guidance:

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
If your serpentine belt is original, I would change it. They last a long time, but not forever. Some people refer to the serpentine belt as the timing chain. They are different on a Duramax.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts