Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been hearing about this a lot lately, dealers also are saying it is true. Anyone else heard about it?

·
Banned
127 Posts
yeah ive heard about it, but i think its just a concept motor for now, but if it happened that'd be freaken sweet

·
Registered
89 Posts
It's release was delayed until later in the year.

They want to make sure they got it right this time.

GENE

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I'ts gonna be one bad machine.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
The twin turbo design will be more for the emissions req's rather than power, however it will still be cool, Ford doesn't want another 6.0 on there hands so I'm pretty sure they are going to do it right this time.

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
yeah....its a little frustrating when people say "OHHHH MAN the new powerstroke is gonna have TWIN TURBOS!!!!!!" and they think just because it has two hair driers that it will be able to drive right off the showroom floor and go chase down Sp33d, IdahoRob, Got Juice, and other "REAL" twin turbo'd trucks. Just remember, they are two SMALL turbos that probably dont flow much more air than our single turbo. The twins will probably help low end power tho.

--ben

·
Registered
10,516 Posts
yeah....its a little frustrating when people say "OHHHH MAN the new powerstroke is gonna have TWIN TURBOS!!!!!!" and they think just because it has two hair driers that it will be able to drive right off the showroom floor and go chase down Sp33d, IdahoRob, Got Juice, and other "REAL" twin turbo'd trucks. Just remember, they are two SMALL turbos that probably dont flow much more air than our single turbo. The twins will probably help low end power tho.

--ben
They have to be running first....... then they can try to chase us down):h

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
They have to be running first....... then they can try to chase us down):h
:funnypost :lol:

Juice you'll be long gone before they even get started up...man especially in the cold, the HEUI system takes some crankin' to build oil pressure...

·
Registered
7,134 Posts
:funnypost :lol:

Juice you'll be long gone before they even get started up...man especially in the cold, the HEUI system takes some crankin' to build oil pressure...
The new 6.4 will be HPCR injection, the HEUI system won't meet the new emissions.

·
Registered
405 Posts
It's not going to have HUEI it's going to have common rail fuel injection. I plan on keepin my 6.0 since I've got a good one but it will be nice to see the 6.4 turn some heads! :cool:

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Its not gonna be made to be a race truck, just to outpower the other big two from the factory.

·
Registered
405 Posts

--ben
Why is it frustrating? Are you that hung up on the powerstroke that you get frustrated on what the next move for Ford or IH is going to be? Dang dude get a life! :exactly:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Im Not A Ford Buff. But It Will Turn Heads, And Even At Stock If It Isnt What People Expected It Still Will Have Capeabilities To To Lots More Just Like Everything Else.and With Smaller Twins The Low End Should Be Great For Off The Line Jumps. Ford Diesels Have Outsold All Other Vendors Put Together. But I Still Ain't Buyin One

·
Registered
734 Posts
If ferd and intervagional pull their heads out and get it right this time they will sell the **** outa those twin turbo trucks!

dude! its got twin turbos it gotta be fast! lol

being as both chevy and dodge know about this "twin turbo" truck it will be interesting to see what they have to compete.

·
Premium Member
20,556 Posts
Its not that I dont like Ford, I personally really like how the new Super Duties look....theyre good lookin trucks....its just that I despise and dont trust that 6.0...

Honestly, I have high hopes for the 6.4...Ford would not let something "bad" (I know there are some good 6.0's out there, I personally know of one thats been great so far in my town) happen twice.

As for International, theyre great trucks and I really like them. My dad's whole lumber yard truck fleet is only Internationals, thats all hes ever had since I can remember. I even remember when he had some old S1700 (?) gassers. None of his trucks have the VT365 (6.0 'Stroker) tho. Most of them are 6 to 10 wheeler medium duties with the DT466 IIRC. Never had a problem with any of them...

--ben

--Ben

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Why is it frustrating? Are you that hung up on the powerstroke that you get frustrated on what the next move for Ford or IH is going to be? Dang dude get a life! :exactly:
Take it easy. He's a GM owner contributing on a GM Diesel site. It may be the Ford seciton but it's not a Ford site. Now if he was on another brand's diesel site trying to bash their trucks then I'd say he was hung up on the competition. :rolleyes:
Funny story, there used to be a guy with a 99+ 7.3 on the Ford sites who bashed the 6.0 when they first came out. In fact he even traded that 7.3 truck in on a Cummins instead of the new Ford with the 6.0. Although I think the dealer made him take the 7.3 back for some reason, or something like that. Now after all that I think he drives a 6.0 now. I think he went by superf350 also.;)

·
Registered
405 Posts
Really, I bashed the 6.0 when it came out? If I did please find those posts cause I really don't recall them. As a matter of fact Nancy got an 03 6.0 that was a dang good truck till I wrecked it. BTW the big truck was a 2000! I think you got the story pretty close except for the 6.0 bashing.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Interesting tidbit...

http://www.forddoctorsdts.com/bulletins/2007psd.php

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts