Diesel Place banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a 2007 DRW that lowers the trailer mirrors when put in reverse? My truck has the DIC and memory seat functions. The owners manual says if the truck has the DIC it has this feature, but it is no where to be found in the DIC.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Not available on either DRWs, or all one tons, I can't remember. Pity, I would really like that option.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
My 05 1500 LT had that feature...07 3500 LT 3 does not. Might have to do with the big mirrors not being able to do it. Or, might be GM is saving a buck...like eliminating the side power lumbars on the seats, or eliminating the side storage pockets on the rear doors, or eliminating the carpet on the front door bottoms...

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You would think they could mention that.

·
Registered
221 Posts
The tow mirrors aren't available with curb view assist, only the smaller power mirrors with heat have that option.

·
Registered
483 Posts
OldSoldier;1600834; said:
My 05 1500 LT had that feature...07 3500 LT 3 does not. Might have to do with the big mirrors not being able to do it. Or, might be GM is saving a buck...like eliminating the side power lumbars on the seats, or eliminating the side storage pockets on the rear doors, or eliminating the carpet on the front door bottoms...

Yep....I started a thread a few weeks ago about "GM Beancounting"....trying to save a $ at our expense by eliminating certain things that we all took for granted on previous trucks..ie...underhood & glove compart & visor mirror & footwell lights, etc., etc.,:mad:

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Well i thought i would want them on my dually until i started thinking....
If everytime i went to back up with a trailer on, had to adjust my mirrors so i could see I would flip out...
maybe that's why they deleted them on the HD trucks

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
I hadn't thought of that. Very good point!

·
Registered
52 Posts
The trailer mirrors on my 2007 have the convex lens on the bottom part of the mirror. I keep them adjusted so I can see the edge of my rear wheelwell, blind spot, and the curb while backing up. It's worked pretty good so far.

Shark

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Mark the Shark;1622406; said:
The trailer mirrors on my 2007 have the convex lens on the bottom part of the mirror. I keep them adjusted so I can see the edge of my rear wheelwell, blind spot, and the curb while backing up. It's worked pretty good so far.

Shark
That's exactly how i have mine. When i tow my trailer i do the exact opposite so i can see everything out of my convex, and my top mirrors go into the upper dual wheel well and the trailer so i can watch it trailing. then when i switch lanes i can see TONS more with the convexs than regular while towing.

STPETEBLUE said:
I hadn't thought of that. Very good point!
I hadn't either until i was actually thinking about how nice they'd be and i had a trailer on and changed my mind abruptly.. LOL

·
Registered
328 Posts
Get used to the trailer mirrors set up the same way and its hard as h-ll to drive a vehicle without the convex to pick up the blind spot/ Anybody have the heat option in the trailering mirrors

·
Registered
53 Posts
i have the heating option works great but only on the top there is nothing in the convex mirror

·
Registered
221 Posts
GM didn't get rid of that option on the HD's. It is called curb view assist and it is available on all trucks. Curb view assist was never available on the tow mirrors.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I did not have a choice due to the fact I could not order the truck because they are done :mad: .So I got the normal heated power mirrors and they do not have the reverse down.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I found the curb view assist to be irritating most of the time, so I turned it off. With the mirrors adjusting every time you put the truck in reverse, I figured the adjustment motor would burn out about the time the warranty was up.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
cowboy56;1665262; said:
GM didn't get rid of that option on the HD's. It is called curb view assist and it is available on all trucks. Curb view assist was never available on the tow mirrors.
Well, I had the regular heated, power adjust mirrors. No turn signals, no power fold or extend, and NO OUTSIDE CURB VIEW ASSIST because that option is disabled on the either the HD or 3500 series. If you feel I should have this available, please tell me how and where I look to turn it on.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts