Diesel Place banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My salesman called me today to tell me that the 5500 I am ordering is going up $2100. Is this an average amount.I figured it might go up 200-400 dollars but not that much. I am also losing a 2600 dollar rebate. My real final order is going in again this saturday.....is their any rebates etc planned around my build time? say july/aug?.....Is their any big changes planned for the 07's either. Im glad I can financially afford this truck especially seeming that come Jan 07' theirs new emmission laws added prices raised based on that alone....But I am also willing to pay the extra 2100 if they made (in all aspects) a better truck....besides the possible 6 speed anything worth the extra 2100.

Please note I understand that metal,fuel, taxes go up....all 3 directly affect my business.....but damn Ill be paying alot more than the 43,000 he quoted me at for on an 06'

Thanks for all replys
Bill

·
Registered
97 Posts
we ordered ours two weeks ago and we used the quote of the 06 we speced.....dealer then said the truck will be an 07, and that it would be a 3% increase, but he wasn't going to pass it on and we got the price of the 06.....not sure of any new features besides the possible 6 spd

·
Registered
255 Posts
I think something is up, i know the prices did not go up that much, and the 2600.00 rebate if thats what they are using, went down alittle but did not go away.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well 3% of a truck thats sticker priced of say 56,000 is less than 1800 bucks. how can I find out for sure. I thought that none of the info on the 07's was going to come out until the middle of april. Besides If I put an order in now before the 07's are even available couldnt they good will me at the same price as an 06. Seems to me like theres something in the wood pile on this. Should I call up GM directly or what? Give me your ideas.
TIA
Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts