Diesel Place banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decide if I should sell. Can anyone tell me if $40k is a pipe dream 😀.
2007 classic, ccsb, 106,000 miles, original owner,clean title, 6” and 35s, color match canopy, LT3, t-case pump rub kit, tuner and exhaust. Location Oregon.

·
Administrator
19,884 Posts
Trying to decide if I should sell. Can anyone tell me if $40k is a pipe dream 😀.
2007 classic, ccsb, 106,000 miles, original owner,clean title, 6” and 35s, color match canopy, LT3, t-case pump rub kit, tuner and exhaust. Location Oregon.
I would scan your local ads and see what similar trucks are going for in your area..
(y)

·
Registered
185 Posts
I got $23.5k on trade for my 2007 classic SLT, ccsb with 70,000 miles. The only mod was a Banks 6 Gun. The Dealer listed it for $31k. Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
My Stealth Gray Sierra 2500HD ECSB SLT (sun roof, leather, and just about everything else) rolled off the assembly line in May of '06 and had 5 miles on the odometer when I took delivery. It's been in Las Vegas (absolutely no rust) and always garaged when not in use, so it still looks new at 96,000 miles. It's the best vehicle I've ever owned and I'm not interested in selling it, but if I was I wouldn't take a cent less than $40k.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My Stealth Gray Sierra 2500HD ECSB SLT (sun roof, leather, and just about everything else) rolled off the assembly line in May of '06 and had 5 miles on the odometer when I took delivery. It's been in Las Vegas (absolutely no rust) and always garaged when not in use, so it still looks new at 96,000 miles. It's the best vehicle I've ever owned and I'm not interested in selling it, but if I was I wouldn't take a cent less than $40k.
I hear ya. Thanks for the input. A LBZ with 100k on the clock is literally un heard of.

·
Registered
43 Posts
A friend of mine just bought one for 37k with 60k miles. That was for a 10/10 truck. I think the people that will be willing to pay the most won’t for one that’s lifted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
A friend of mine just bought one for 37k with 60k miles. That was for a 10/10 truck. I think the people that will be willing to pay the most won’t for one that’s lifted

Handling and maneuverability are top priorities for me in any vehicle, which is why I ordered the shortest available diesel wheelbase (ECSB) and didn't lift it. Replacing the stock 245/75-16 tires on 16" x 7" wheels with LT285/60-18 Nitto Terra Grapplers on 18" x 9" Centerline wheels was, by far, the best upgrade I did to the truck. The improvement in maneuverability and cornering was apocalyptic. I also installed a Cognito Pitman/Idler Arm Support Kit and Cognito heavy duty tie rods to handle the increased stress on the steering system caused by the wider wheels and tires.

·
Registered
LLY,4X4 crew,cold air, efi live, sinister delete, big throat, 4in SS, Alu pans,silicon hoses, rotors
13 Posts
I was cruising down the road the other day with the bikes on the hitch mount rack. This guy comes up beside me and says “sure like your truck, take 25K for it”? I just laughed and said NOPE. Maybe 40K! I said go buy a new one for 90K. No one in their right mind would sell a good clean, good running D max and step right into a 800$ plus car payment for a new one. Hummmm, my wife said some guy came to the door wanting to buy it. Glad my security is very good….

Reactions: biotec

·
Registered
43 Posts
Handling and maneuverability are top priorities for me in any vehicle, which is why I ordered the shortest available diesel wheelbase (ECSB) and didn't lift it. Replacing the stock 245/75-16 tires on 16" x 7" wheels with LT285/60-18 Nitto Terra Grapplers on 18" x 9" Centerline wheels was, by far, the best upgrade I did to the truck. The improvement in maneuverability and cornering was apocalyptic. I also installed a Cognito Pitman/Idler Arm Support Kit and Cognito heavy duty tie rods to handle the increased stress on the steering system caused by the wider wheels and tires.
Great story

·
Registered
'07 Silverado Crew Cab 4X4 Long Bed HD LT. LBZ. 110K Miles.
2 Posts
I paid 28K for my LBZ about a year and a half ago.....I've been offered 40 for it!

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
I hear ya. Thanks for the input. A LBZ with 100k on the clock is literally un heard of.
I guess I'm unheard of! I need to add 120 miles since my last signature update. 😊

·
Registered
96 Posts
I may sell my 06' with 46k at some point. Bought a 2021 Denali Dually. Definitely would take 40k to purchase

1 - 13 of 13 Posts