1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
22,032 Posts

·
Administrator
22,032 Posts
thank you,

the high side test port dust cap was left off, and was allowed to fill with debris to the top of the port. The previous owner was terminally ill, and has passed, but hav these ball valve quick disconnect ports been known to leak as well? The tech I am going to visit in the city 2 hours away, says since it was left open we need to change it so I have it plus a dust cap on order from Rock Auto, I watched a video on the same thing, high side port leaking, that fella changed the whole line thinking the port was not serviceable, there is a replacement that is GM OE, I am going with that out of necessity. Thoughts?
The Schrader valve can leak. The tech can test it and replace the insert if needed

Reactions: LBZGUY2006

·
Administrator
22,032 Posts
Going in next week to get her leak tested. Question is, if it holds vacuum, is that an indicator that the system is tight? Or can it still be leaking and hold a 1/2 hour vacuum after disconnection?
If it holds a vacuum the system is good

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.