Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I would put my 2 cents in on the New 2007 GMC 1500 with the 6 liter and the Z71 package. I drove one yesterday and loved it. Oh and I would not need all the whistles but it was loaded to the max.

I would almost give up my Duramax for this truck. It is awesome for lack of a better word. The quality seems to be alot better than what it has been. Not sure about the fuel management system but it seemed to be pretty smooth.

Anyway, just wanted to chime in.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
CADMAX;1598659; said:
I figured I would put my 2 cents in on the New 2007 GMC 1500 with the 6 liter and the Z71 package. I drove one yesterday and loved it. Oh and I would not need all the whistles but it was loaded to the max.

I would almost give up my Duramax for this truck. It is awesome for lack of a better word. The quality seems to be alot better than what it has been. Not sure about the fuel management system but it seemed to be pretty smooth.

Anyway, just wanted to chime in.

The fuel management system, is that displacement on demand? How did it feel? Could you actually feel when the cylinders stopped firing?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it cuts back to 4 cylinders when cruising.

The only thing I noticed was when driving at a constant speed and then flooring it, it was kinda like a power band on a motor cycle.

I personally did not mind it after a few miles. It was pretty dang fast to me.

·
Registered
414 Posts
was it the vortec max? how did the power feel compared to the duramax? was it the new body style?

·
Registered
445 Posts
duramax is a bit more steady in its power.. and with the lbz that new turbo spools fast. I work at a dealership for the time. the vmax is like the new 5.3s.. it cuts back too.. I have driven and tried to tell the difference.. but to no avail.... I can't tell when it kicks in and out.. in the trucks.. or my car..

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it was like portez said. It was the Vortex Max and the new body style.

I don't expect it to pull like a diesel but I was very impressed with the over all truck. It was quiet in the cab with no wind noise or road noise. If I happen to go back to a gasser this will be the one I will go with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts