Diesel Place banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 GMC 2500HD Diesel that has a B&W gooseneck hitch installed in the bed. At the same time I had an electrical plug installed in the bed as well. Now I get an error message on the onboard computer "service trailer brake system". I took the truck to the dealership and after many hours of troubleshooting and scratching their heads they unhooked the wiring harness for the bed plug and the problem went away. So now they (dealership) is telling me that you cannot hook an additonal plug into the stock trailer brake system wiring harness. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a resistance or impedience issue that could be causing this problem?

·
Registered
940 Posts
thats crazy, are you sure it was hookup up correctly?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would like to think so as one of the local trailer distributors installed the plug when they put the hitch in. It works because I have hauled a trailer and the brakes work and you can see the gain readout track with brake pedal pressure....

I know, it makes no sense but I am getting the two palm salute from the dealer.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i had the same problem on my 07.5 it was at the dealership for 2 weeks and they finally had an engineer from gm come down and it turned out to be a bad relay where it plugs into the brake controller. put new relay and havent had any problems since and that was back in june when it happend

·
Registered
456 Posts
No problems here.:D

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have not pulled a trailer with my new LMM yet, so I can't help with this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts