Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Duramax LBZ and i installed a HID kit. I hooked it up as the directions said. They work great but when they turn on they slow the engine down for about 1 second like there is a bad draw of power. Also when on cruise and they come on they will kick it out of cruise and the only way to accelerate is to turn off the cruise. I thought it was a bad kit so returned it and got another kit and the same thing happens. I am wondering if it could be something in the truck computer that is doing this but it does not do it with the HID not in the truck. I was told the HID lights use less power. Any ideas would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
564 Posts
The bulbs themselves use less power but the inital kick off from the ballast draws a lot of power. What kind of kit are you using? I know older kits that used ingitors and ballast would draw like 20 amps.

Also you might want to run them to relays thats what I did, but thats just b/c I like the delay that it puts into the inital start up kinda like street lights kicking on effect. LOL

jazzy33;1595077; said:
I have a 2007 Duramax LBZ and i installed a HID kit. I hooked it up as the directions said. They work great but when they turn on they slow the engine down for about 1 second like there is a bad draw of power. Also when on cruise and they come on they will kick it out of cruise and the only way to accelerate is to turn off the cruise. I thought it was a bad kit so returned it and got another kit and the same thing happens. I am wondering if it could be something in the truck computer that is doing this but it does not do it with the HID not in the truck. I was told the HID lights use less power. Any ideas would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put the same lights on a 2004 yukon and it does not cause any problems so it seems like it is just my truck. Thanks for the reply and if anybody else has any ideas i would really appreciate it. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts