Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hydra-Matic 6L90 Six Speed Transmission?

• The new Hydra-Matic six-speed, electronically controlled automatic transmission helps deliver the high-performance capabilities of GM’s heavy-duty trucks
  • The new Hydra-Matic six-speed, electronically controlled automatic transmission is the only standard automatic transmission of its kind on a heavy-duty truck(1)
  • A GM heavy-duty truck-exclusive Tap-Up/Tap-Down driver shift control feature on the gear shift lever(1) allows the driver to manually select upshifts and downshifts
  • A new sophisticated control module monitors the transmission to optimize shift quality and ensure consistently smooth performance
  • Smooth, quiet shifting is sustained with new Dexron VI transmission fluid that delivers more than twice the durability and stability of previous fluids. In fact, this Dexron VI fluid is validated up to 100,000 miles, meaning that under normal driving conditions, there will be no need to refill or replace the transmission fluid until that mileage mark is met(2)

So is this for the gassers or will you have to upgrade now to get the Allison?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I believe the 6L90e will be the 4L80e replacement, as gm's HD transmission for the 2500HD and 3500 6.0L trucks. And potentially a big block, if they chose to offer one. The current hydramatic 6 speed rwd architecture isn't designed with diesel torque in mind (diameter still isn't large enough for allison-sized friction/reaction plates).

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
only for the gassers. 6L90 weighs almost 100 pounds less than the ally.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wonder what the price option will be for an ally.... IIRC the its was like $8000 for the Diesel and ally

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
the allison isnt really an option...it comes standard when you order the dmax.

·
Registered
16,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah well I guess I read that wrong then as there is not much info on there right now regarding the new trucks.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
DURAtotheMAX;1578012; said:
the allison isnt really an option...it comes standard when you order the dmax.
:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts