Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about lifting my Sierra when it comes in. I'd like to raise the front 2-3" and about an inch in the rear. This should get it close to the Ford and Dodge stock ride height. I don't want the ride quality to go down at all. I wouldn't even mind it improving. Also, I don't want to push the tires out at all. This is going to be a street truck. Just want it to look a little more aggressive.

The t-bars are cranked on the truck pictured. That pretty much evened it out. The ride is "ok". So think of it as an inch higher and a better ride. Anything that will get me there?

[URL="http://www.tbyrne.com/Sierra/sierra22.jpg"]

(Image has been resized. Click it for full size.)
[/URL]
(Image has been resized. Click it for full size.)

Thanks!

·
Registered
460 Posts
DMAXBOB;1570965; said:
The Cognito A-arms kit is the trick to it. Never have heard anything bad about them.

DMAXBOB
Ride quality would increase with this?

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
My tortions are almost maxed out raising the front about 2 and 1/2". I bought a rear block and a set of Bilsteins to soften up the ride. I dont think the ride is bad at all now. I havent put them on yet but I'll be sure to let you know.

·
Banned
720 Posts
for what i can tell the new 2500hd 900 platform chassis looks the same so you can crank the t-bars the same as the 800 platform

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for the info! The '07 will be a street truck like my '05. I really like lifted trucks but don't want to go to high for the following reasons -

Ride quality - I got bounced around alot in my '02 HD when it was lifted. It has a 6" lift cranked to 8 with 37s.

Again, ride quality. I want it to be like stock or better. The truck will be used as a daily driver once in awhile and also to pull jet skis, a boat and 32' car hauler. I want to be comfortable on road trips.

The lift laws are kind of tough in MA. I can legally get away with 2". Probably no issue with 3-4". Trucks start to stand out after this. It's not like some states where you can run 12" and 40s with no problem.

Tom

·
Registered
11,311 Posts
Well, my shocks went on. Rides good. Its a little more forgiving over bumps and tends to float a bit more at highway speeds.

Worth the money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts