Diesel Place banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L Duramax "ABS Light and Brake Light" DIC "Service Brakes"

Brand new truck...I crank it up in the morning and occasionally the abs light, brake light, and DIC "Service Vehicle Brakes" will illuminate. Soon as I put it into gear and get moving they disapear. I took it to chevy; they say they found several codes (which they printed for me); while I found nothing with my OBD II reader. They looked over the vehicle ensured me everything is mechanically sound. In fact, there has been nothing happening out of the ordinary--no problems. However, the service department commented about others having the same problem after talking with GM concerning my problem. Unfortunately, there is no fix at this time....supposedly its a programming error (which they are working hard to fix). After reading some threads on the web it seems like this has happened in previous years. Do anyone have any insight on the problem? Sucks getting a new vehicle and having to put up with a bunch of lights while their cleaning up their software issues. Minor problem--love the truck; its just annoying.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts